X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: NHRA UnLeashed...Featuring BangShift Chad

Re: Video: NHRA UnLeashed...Featuring BangShift Chad

Awesome !!!
    I think I'll go up to G-town and listen to Chad call the action ...
    Who else can make it ?
    ;D

Comment

link worked fine for me,nice work Chad.
      Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CaminoKid
        link worked fine for me,nice work Chad.
        the vids work but the last line, click link here, isn't

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          Awesome !!!
          Who else can make it ?
          ;D
          Steve, I can't make it, but I recommend going. When the ORSCA (Outlaw Racing Street Car Association) 10.5 series comes to Huntsville, Al. it's a must see for me. A you tube video of Tim Lynch's 4.40 second 187.97 1/8 mile pass on the rear wheels!
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

With the popularity of drag racing organizations like the NMCA, NMRA, ORSCA, PSCA etc, I think NHRA needed to field a similar event or series. I like the idea of Unleashed and I hope it does well. However, if you look closely at the edited footage, it is painfully obvious they (NHRA) did everything they could to minimize the footage with empty grandstands in the background.

Chad & Brian, what do you think it is going to take to put some butts in the seats?

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
              With the popularity of drag racing organizations like the NMCA, NMRA, ORSCA, PSCA etc, I think NHRA needed to field a similar event or series. I like the idea of Unleashed and I hope it does well. However, if you look closely at the edited footage, it is painfully obvious they (NHRA) did everything they could to minimize the footage with empty grandstands in the background.

Chad & Brian, what do you think it is going to take to put some butts in the seats?

Ron
              cheap tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                Originally posted by White Monster
                Awesome !!!
                Who else can make it ?
                ;D
                Steve, I can't make it, but I recommend going. When the ORSCA (Outlaw Racing Street Car Association) 10.5 series comes to Huntsville, Al. it's a must see for me. A you tube video of Tim Lynch's 4.40 second 187.97 1/8 mile pass on the rear wheels!

When does that hit Huntsville? I would like to see that.
                OH YEAH
                Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Tough question Ron. Hell, look at the crowd for the Shakedown last weekend. That is definitely a "racers race" but there was still fewer people than I would have expected to be there.

In my opinion it is going to be track ops promoting the hell out of the thing. Since it only runs at tracks that the NHRA owns eight now, I believe that the real "growth" will come when it moves to other NHRA facilities that are owned by savvy track promoters who like making money.

Once a couple of tracks get the hang of selling it and the television show gets some exposure, they may start filling seats. I think that the proof of concept comes in 3-5 years, which is a long time.

No easy answer/solution on this one.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

unleaded ?

Comment

This reminds me of the old NHRA Sport Compact series crowds, once NHRA gets involved it queers the deal. Leave this stuff to Orlando, ADRL, PSCA, Street Car Supernationals, etc. NHRA will eventually over regulate the whole deal and drive it out of business so only the Pro Mod types can afford to race in 10.5 competition. They are doing it to nostalgia racing right now!

Comment

NHRA should give out free tickets....

but then they would probably charge you to leave. :D :D :D
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                          NHRA should give out free tickets....

but then they would probably charge you to leave. :D :D :D
                          Pay toilets too!

Comment

Working...
                          X