Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Feature: The (Formerly) Hack Job General Lee

Re: Car Feature: The (Formerly) Hack Job General Lee

sad part is now that he's into it for $100g+ its still a general lee. General lee fans are just like trekkies except with less teeth and a family tree that looks like a circle. :

that being said beautiful job though. think of the rare mopar you could have bought with that $$$$

Comment

Yo, Chris - you dream your dream, Jeff dreams his dream.

I bet dollars to donuts you haven't driven an original late 60s Mopar? They suck.

And with the way the market has collapsed, putting $$ into a fake General Lee make have a better return; if nothing else, Jeff is grinning from ear to ear... oh, and he ain't know redneck.

Comment

I have followed this build from day one ... being a childhood Dukes of Hazzard follower, I love THIS car. As far as the worth of a fake General Lee, who cares? This one is 10x's any of the cars used in the series, and what better way to save a muscle car?

Bamfster says .... "2 thumbs up!"
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I just want to say how happy I am that this car has come together for Jeff.

I know I would have given up in disgust. I am happy there is a real solid car at then end of this mess.

Comment

"I bet dollars to donuts you haven't driven an original late 60s Mopar? They suck"

that coming from a corvette guy? lol I have only ever owned muscle mopars so i cant compare them to other makes.
            i currently have a RS23L7 and a LH29H1
            not hacking the owner just fans of the dukes. when i had my 69 r/t lots of no minds wanted to buy it to build a general clone out of it. ok i guess if you start off with a rust bucket or a small block car

Comment

His car, he did what he wanted. And I'm glad to see that it turned out to be this high-quality of a car.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Nice car, like others I have watched it progressed for a long time also.
                Welcome aboard Newbies, but remember this , its easy to talk trash, but post pics of your junk.

Comment

caught the vid from the other day. this car has had along return from a seeming abyss.

:D
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisf
                    "I bet dollars to donuts you haven't driven an original late 60s Mopar? They suck"

that coming from a corvette guy? lol I have only ever owned muscle mopars so i cant compare them to other makes.
                    i currently have a RS23L7 and a LH29H1
                    not hacking the owner just fans of the dukes. when i had my 69 r/t lots of no minds wanted to buy it to build a general clone out of it. ok i guess if you start off with a rust bucket or a small block car

lets see em
                    thet are mighty flimsy cars , but the 340 duster was pretty nice for a driver

Comment

bet you there is more than 100 g there

Comment

Like the old saying goes -Buyer beware.Its not the first nor the last that this story will come up just change the car.

Comment

I agree with Chris. Great for Jeff, it's his and if he likes it that's what counts. Hell I'd drive the wheels off of it (472 Hemi, hell yeah) and it looks very nicely done this time around. I'm also a big fan of the Dukes, but Being a mopar guy, it gets old seeing hundreds of General Lee clones, hearing my car referred to as a 'Dukes of Hazzard car' and not being able paint a late 60's mopar orange because it immediately becomes a General Lee to non-car guys. I remember reading an article about a guy with a '60-something Belvedere painting it silver because he got tired of people mistaking it for a General Lee. After reading that, I didn't even consider putting orange paint on my car.
                          The car turned out good, even though it probably would have been easier and cheaper to sell it and start with something better.

Comment

It seems kind of strange to spend that much time/effort/money on a rust bucket....but on a positive note, one more musclecar has been saved, that probably wouldn't have.

I'll be eagerly awating word on how the blower does....should be a wild ride!
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

They are going to try and get it to the strip before it closes this year.

I'd betting that it'll go very low 10s and with October air, maybe high 9s.

With a push bar.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X