Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Wheelie Video: Super Slow Motion Footage, Graceful Launch - Death Wobble Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Wheelie Video: Super Slow Motion Footage, Graceful Launch - Death Wobble Landing

Re: Awesome Wheelie Video: Super Slow Motion Footage, Graceful Launch - Death Wobble Landing

That death wobble does look scary, but only a tenth of a second and it straightens up.
    Whew !!

Comment

Re: Awesome Wheelie Video: Super Slow Motion Footage, Graceful Launch - Death Wobble Landing

Man, if Centerline ever wanted a promotional video showing the strength of their wheels, THAT is it! Cool footage.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I love how that car leaps off the line. Front tires barely turn.

The hula dance they do when it lands is crazy.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I've noticed that leaf spring Mopars seem to top out the rear suspension on a hard launch, more so than Ford or GM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
            I've noticed that leaf spring Mopars seem to top out the rear suspension on a hard launch, more so than Ford or GM.
            That is usually due to the use of a pinion snubber. The snubber is mounted on the snout of the rearend housing and pushes up against the floor of the car under acceleration, thus separating the rear end from the body and forcing it down on the pavement.

Ron

edit: Check that comment... I just reviewed the video and that car is running a Cal-Traks type setup. That is a bunch of separation, though.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

is this more of the fact that this car is(i'm guess'n) a manual stear
              and the wheel is forced to move as the car comes down
              as I don't think a power stear(hooked up and working) would rip the stear wheel in the car
              or there is something very wrong(loose) with that front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                Originally posted by oldrustycars
                That is usually due to the use of a pinion snubber. The snubber is mounted on the snout of the rearend housing and pushes up against the floor of the car under acceleration, thus separating the rear end from the body and forcing it down on the pavement.

Ron

edit: Check that comment... I just reviewed the video and that car is running a Cal-Traks type setup. That is a bunch of separation, though.
                What I think is interesting is that on the hit, the rearend separates and almost unloads the tire .... ALMOST
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Wow!!!.... Thats my car!! :o....Thanks to Blackett photography for the slo mo. Last time out, last pass, car did a 165ft wheelstand and skimmed the sump on touchdown, ended the season on a high ;D. Wheelwobble is over before you realise just a quick shake of the steering wheel. It's bump steer, super stock mopars have been doing this for years, only way to truly get rid of it is to go to a strut front.
                  Thanks for the comments ;)
                  Tig.
                  Oh and if centerline would like me to endorse thier products i'd be more than happy ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X