Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow BangShift on Facebook!

Re: Follow BangShift on Facebook!

I tried Facebook for three weeks and hated it...you guys are going to force me to give it another try. Damn, this place constantly stretches me. ;D

Comment

I haven't tried it and I hate it.
      No social media for me.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
        No social media for me.
        hilarious, considering you just said that on an internet forum

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

great place for chatting up old girlfriends

Comment

I don't understand all the hype about getting people to follow something on facebook. It seems that everyone is doing it now. Is there some kind of reimbursment for having so many followers? How could be following a website on facebook be any quicker at getting news about that site than going on that site a few times a day. I see so many sites trying to get people to join their facebook page that I can't help but think there's got to be some money coming in for so many sites to do this. I can't see any advantage for the average user to join a facebook page otherwise, and I have a facebook account (like every other college student) and still don't see a point to following something on it. I'd rather check back here 10 times a day than to go on facebook to see what the site is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
              I don't understand all the hype about getting people to follow something on facebook. It seems that everyone is doing it now. Is there some kind of reimbursment for having so many followers? How could be following a website on facebook be any quicker at getting news about that site than going on that site a few times a day. I see so many sites trying to get people to join their facebook page that I can't help but think there's got to be some money coming in for so many sites to do this. I can't see any advantage for the average user to join a facebook page otherwise, and I have a facebook account (like every other college student) and still don't see a point to following something on it. I'd rather check back here 10 times a day than to go on facebook to see what the site is doing.
              Knocked that one out of the park, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07

No money involved. Honestly, if there was, we'd tell you right up front.

Our reason for looking to build a larger facebook following?

If you have 50 friends and you "like" something that we post, those people will see it. Then if they have 50 friends and "like it" another group sees it, and on and on and on.

It is a great way to expand the reading audience, that's our motivation.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

facebook.com recently overtook google.com for the most frequented URL on the internet.

reason enough I say...

I'll look you guys up.

JB
                  Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

Just curious. I don't mind helping out, it just seems like every website is pushing the whole facebook thing pretty hard. I figured there had to be something more behind it.

Comment

No sweat! It is all about getting the word out to as many people as possible, that's why everyone's pushing it.

I appreciate the fact your here on any level!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It is without a doubt the best marketing tool in the world right now, and completely free. I know, I used the "M" word.. but only for lack of a better word. Personally, I like it because I can keep in touch with many friends fast and easy along with obviously sharing my content.. drag racing photography. Outside of that, from a "consumer" aspect, it is one huge aggregation tube of content. My interests vary from basically anything in the automotive, photography, and I.T. worlds.. so you can only imagine how many websites that encompasses. Point being, if I am "following" all of the companies/individuals I am interested in, I see it all in one place instead of browsing hundreds of websites on a daily basis. Not to mention, but as Brian mentioned.. if I see something I like say that BangShift posted on their page, I click like and bam, over 1000 people that follow me now see it, and a pretty good percentage of those people will share and/or like their page as well, etc. =)

Comment

I do specialty media blasting and joined with a business account. Any positive advertising is good to me. i am new at it so never really sure what to put on it. working at it.

super clean soda and media blasting (long name eh)

Comment

8,198 members on the forums. 12,114 people like it on facebook, with all of their friends seeing updates. just getting it in front of more people.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't get the whole Facebook thing either. I suspect my problem (and others whove posted similar complaints above) is that I haven't used it enough to leverage it into any useful form. I signed up for a page a few months ago, said "now what?" and pretty much ignored it ever since. So I'm one of those who just don't see any point in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X