Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Americana Read: How to Build a Demo Derby Combine

Re: Great Americana Read: How to Build a Demo Derby Combine

You should be ashamed of yourselves featuring the wanton destruction of good old American agricultural equipment and featuring it as though it is some great spectacle. Very lame as are the lame-asses involved in that crap. Grow-up, you pathetic chumps. I?d love to have a combine like that one. You guys are a bunchy of weak-ass pussies.
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
      You should be ashamed of yourselves featuring the wanton destruction of good old American agricultural equipment and featuring it as though it is some great spectacle. Very lame as are the lame-asses involved in that crap. Grow-up, you pathetic chumps. I?d love to have a combine like that one. You guys are a bunchy of weak-ass pussies.
      -dulcich
      Post of the Month award!!!

good to see you again Steve - enjoyed hanging out at EMC last week with you,

-Scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks, Scott. It pained me to see the problem you guys had with the water flow at the event. The engine was an incredible exhibition of innovation. If we could just get Brian off this board with his mindless tripe, I would spend a whole lot more time here. I remember "owning" the board at one time, but Mr. LostCajones just makes it unbearable with his awkward and untenable personality. I think Brian needs to relinquish the board to me for the good of all.
        -dulcich

Comment

Thanks, Scott. It pained me to see the problem you guys had with the water flow at the event. The engine was an incredible exhibition of innovation. If we could just get Brian off this board with his mindless tripe, I would spend a whole lot more time here. I remember "owning" the board at one time, but Mr. LostCajones just makes it unbearable with his awkward and untenable personality. I think Brian needs to relinquish the board to me for the good of all.
          -dulcich

Second best quote of the month.

How about featuring said engine anyhow??

Bob

Comment

-dulcich
            Steve, first off congrats on another successful Engine Masters Challenge. Lots of positive juju floating around about the event, good stuff.

Now by the tone of your post it seems that you've rediscovered boxed wine. Your wit and intelligence are no match for my volumes of mindless tripe!

I'll admit, the Mr LostCajones bit is pretty good.

Glad to have you Steve.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

I'll admit, the Mr LostCajones bit is pretty good.

Glad to have you Steve.

Brian
              I kind of liked that bit, too. ;)
              -dulcich

Comment

Good old American farm equipment??? No doubt American stuff gets used, but this one is a Belarus...a Russian brand from as far back as Kruschev's shoe-thumping days in the UN (one in the picture does sorta look like a 1970's JD 6600 knock-off, though). Demo derby is probably its niche at this point.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                  Good old American farm equipment??? No doubt American stuff gets used, but this one is a Belarus...a Russian brand from as far back as Kruschev's shoe-thumping days in the UN (one in the picture does sorta look like a 1970's JD 6600 knock-off, though). Demo derby is probably its niche at this point.
                  Actually if you read the story again, they started working on the Belarus, but that's the model the farmer jacked the price up on.

They ended up buying and entering a Massey-Ferguson 760. Drive around anywhere in the midwest off "Interstate USA" and you're bound to see an old MF sitting "out back" in various states of use. MF was a Canadian company before they were bought out by AGCO (a US-based company that was formed by purchasing Deutz Allis Corporation of Germany (which 5 years prior had formed in part from their purchase of the US-based Allis-Chalmers)).

So technically their mid-'70s 760 would have been "Canadian Iron". But who's keeping track ;)

We've got some videos of my dad's MF 8570 harvester at work this fall - in the field, not in a demo derby ;D Hopefully a long ways away from derby material.

-Derek

Comment

Originally posted by showngo
                    Originally posted by mlcraven
                    Actually if you read the story again, they started working on the Belarus, but that's the model the farmer jacked the price up on.

They ended up buying and entering a Massey-Ferguson 760. Drive around anywhere in the midwest off "Interstate USA" and you're bound to see an old MF sitting "out back" in various states of use. MF was a Canadian company before they were bought out by AGCO (a US-based company that was formed by purchasing Deutz Allis Corporation of Germany (which 5 years prior had formed in part from their purchase of the US-based Allis-Chalmers)).

So technically their mid-'70s 760 would have been "Canadian Iron". But who's keeping track ;)

We've got some videos of my dad's MF 8570 harvester at work this fall - in the field, not in a demo derby ;D Hopefully a long ways away from derby material.

-Derek
                    I obviously need to pay more attention....you're right, it is an MF :-[
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                    X