X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Spoiled Rotten

Re: Barnstormin': Spoiled Rotten

Brian/Chad..
    Many thanks for the entertainment from Famosa.
    It was like a flashback to the ole days @ Lions, OCIR and Irwindale.
    Great drag races, jumbo swap meet, interesting mid-way, wide variety of cars & classes, celebrities from Clare Sanders, Linda Vaughn, TV Ivo, Mongoose, Snake, Robert Hight..

Fantastic to see the nostalgia funny cars and top fuelers, and to get a whiff of the nitro fumes..

I have only (2) complaints, the 1st is that I had to park about a mile down 46 in the walnut groves, and 2nd was that I didn't see Chad run his nitro minibike..

Just my $0.02.. ;)

Comment

Chad/Brian,
      One more huge "Thank You" for bringing the CHRR to us! Look forward to it again next year.

Comment

It was good stuff ,wish I would have had more time to watch Sat and Sun.
        Thanks for what you guys do.

Comment

Thank you for broadcasting it to the world, takes a lot of effort for that kind of thing to happen and i for one am very greatful that we have people with the dedication to the sport that lets something like that happen

Thank you again!

Mark (all the way from the other side of the pond ;))

Comment

As usual, great column my man .... thanks for taking care of us.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Thanks for bringing this amazing event to the WORLD! CHRR is truly the "Goodwood Festival" of drag racing. Both should occupy premier ranking on a car guy's Bucket List. Glad I could be a small part of making it real for a worldwide audience via this new medium.

Jon Lundberg
              Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Comment

I'm spoiled rotten as well....I'm posting directly after Jon Lundberg. I should not be allowed to speak directly after this man without an approving nod and a quick read ahead of my thoughts.......

Brian, as always when you put pen to paper those thoughts are my own. You always do an excellent job of capturing the questions and thoughts of the here and now. I enjoy reading your Barnstormin' collaborations on time and space and agree wholeheartedly with your accounts.
                I am one of the few that missed the weekend, I was busy crewing a FED running in the Supercharged Outlaw class at Sydney International Dragway in Australia. I am an American but am have been living here for the past couple of years and normally tune in for these live broadcasts. It's one of the few things I look forward to doing while living on the US economy in Australia.
                The real question should be, when is everyone involved with Drag Racing going to realize that the fun parts of Drag Racing that existed in the 60's can be reproduced at any local strip with a little thought, hard work and proper treatment of participants and fans alike. All of these people we worship that made Drag Racing fun in the 60's can be replaced by anyone that has just as much commitment and passion to do the jobs as best they can rather than looking at the dollar figures. If you do the job properly and have the enthusiasm to carry forward with these items in mind, the dollar figures will follow. That's my simple philosiphy and I will run my Drag Strip to these standards once built.....Worlds Best in my signature means alot to me and that means I will have to surpass places like US 30, LIONS and Motion Raceway to get there. I'm commited......Who's with Me?

Comment

Working...
                X