Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Parting Shift: Bangin' Gears on the Bottle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: Bangin' Gears on the Bottle!

Re: The Parting Shift: Bangin' Gears on the Bottle!

This looks like it's possibly taken at my home track, Toronto Motorsports Park. The guy who posted the video runs with the OSCA series that I worked with last year. Impressive driving!

Comment

Ya gotta love a bottle fed hot rod!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Good to see the driver had his helmet strapped on..............oh, wait,
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Could use a throttle or clutch activated switch and have less to think about though his timing does seem perfect.
          Probably had trouble in the past with high gear and NOS....rpms flatten out...load falls off...engine velocity slows...timing the same...probably leaned out and hurt some stuff in the past.

Comment

There are as many bad habits in this video as there are good skills with the nitrous activation. His helmet isn't strapped on, and the belts are loose. I know a lot of guys see the safety rules as an expensive PITA. These are the ones whose family always sues the track and the guy in the other lane for negligence after a wreck. Every time you line up next to somebody I'd like to think they've put sometime and effort into making the car safe and it'll go down the track without ending up in my lane or worse.

A guy who doesn't bother with belts and the helmet probably doesn't worry much about the other stuff either. I don't know this guy and my intent isn't to bag on him specifically, but stuff happens in these cars when we least expect it.

People forget, but we lost Lee Shepard because his belts were loose when the car rolled thorough the lights during a tuning pass.

I use a pressure switch on the clutch hydraulic line to de-activate the N2O during a speed shift. That along with the full throtttle and window switches keeps the N2O running when its supposed to be.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
            X