Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: The Winged Express pulls off its craziest burnout yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: The Winged Express pulls off its craziest burnout yet!

Re: Video: The Winged Express pulls off its craziest burnout yet!

Yeah, that's pretty much the best burn out ever.
    He even beat him back to the line.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

You can't pass on the right!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Love it!!!!

Here's a good Mike Boyd interview from a couple years back....
        It is the King of Nostagia Drag Racing, The WInged Express Nitro fuel altered has been delighting drag racing fans since the 1960's, catch a glimpse of the l...

Comment

Yeah, thats the one I mentioned a week ago ;D

That burn out has to be at the top three of racing things I have ever witnessed.

Completely bitch'n - thanks to the bang Shift crew, Chad and of course Mike Boyd.

DW

Comment

There's a lot to be said for keeping a cool head under pressure.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Wild Willie would be proud... we were midtrack, that could have been a bad rear ender, Mike Boyd did well to hug the wall. Epic moment, HRR is a religious experience not to be missed

Comment

The re-created Wing is a fuel altered. A Funny Car chassis with a body designed to sort of look like a 23 T or a Fiat, NOT a fuel altered.

Comment

Best Burnout ever....And I am fairly certain he was doing the better part of 50 mph backing up... :o

Awesome...

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
                    The re-created Wing is a fuel altered. A Funny Car chassis with a body designed to sort of look like a 23 T or a Fiat, NOT a fuel altered.
                    Still doesn't take away from the skill and excitment of the burnout. Or, are you saying that the recreated burnouts are not real?

DW

Comment

That isn't safe.

Comment

The new winged express is not a funny car with a t body on it, it is a replica of the last car raced by willie with upgrades for safety, ( new style roll cage )
                        funny car fuel altered's have a wheel base of about 130 to 140 inches, the express is close to the 105 inch rule of the late 60's, I stopped by and talked to Mike and crew at the chrr to double check how close the new car was to the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFlames
                          The new winged express is not a funny car with a t body on it, it is a replica of the last car raced by willie with upgrades for safety, ( new style roll cage )
                          funny car fuel altered's have a wheel base of about 130 to 140 inches, the express is close to the 105 inch rule of the late 60's, I stopped by and talked to Mike and crew at the chrr to double check how close the new car was to the old one.
                          Yeah, thats what I mean. I'm certainly not saying I could drive a nitro FC, with a modern body or a fuel altered body, but they handle way better than a traditional AA/FA. Short wheelbase and high center of gravity make for evil handling.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie
                            Wild Willie would be proud... we were midtrack, that could have been a bad rear ender, Mike Boyd did well to hug the wall. Epic moment, HRR is a religious experience not to be missed
                            I agree, Wild Willie would be proud but do you think Mike Boyd was using BOTH hands? Me and my friends used to call Wild Man the One Arm Bandit when we saw him run years ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X