Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEMA 2010 Question: Is this Cool or Lame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SEMA 2010 Question: Is this Cool or Lame?

They were alright...not great. I didn't like the Firebreather so much as some of the other Firebird conversions there. The C5-to-'62 Vette was interesting..
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

L. A. M. E. !

Comment

I'm trying not to like it. But since I think the nose Chevy puts on the new Camaro is really "heavy handed" and chunky looking this might just be an improvement.

Comment

I think it looks better than stock

Comment

Originally posted by Chads Dad
            It's not great but OK. They should have used a 68 nose. 69 Camaros do not have round fenderwells.
            X2

and I will add ANYTHING looks better than that abortion of a grille they come with from the factory. Hell, they could have bolted a Superbird nose on it and improved the nose 10 fold. That factory Escalade-ish grill sucks.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I dont care for the roundness of the hood at the header panel

Comment

I think the comment about it looking like a Javelin is well founded. In my opinion nothing can help the look of the newest Camaro, including this kit. Lots of money for something that is so lame.

Comment

my dad and I looking for plow trucks at car dealerships (that is dumb as it gets)

anyway, we spotted the new camaro, it was an upper styled version with two tone.. I found it not only cartoonically misproportioned, the front end can't even go thru heavy rain by the sight of the plastic alone.

(Don't challenge my maine torture- don't even bother)

that kit is fantastic... except for the cost. maybe cut back on components, just get the strong front end?

ironically.. a little old lady drove a cream puffed 69 with a 327 (?) right into the late 90s local...daily driver her husband left her. Amazing story. She did not quite know what legend she was driving around.

that new camaro is not even gonna come close to stories like that. :

the kit might help bring back a bit of real.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Anyone remember the company a few years back that would take a 1st gen & a 4th gen and meld them together? You would get the style and body of the 1st gen with the power train, ride/handling and interior of the 4th gen. I thought those were kinda neat ....
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Saw two examples of these kits on PT this year. I'll admit it, I liked them, but I am in love with the real 69 RS front end so I'm biased. No way I'd spend $7k on the kit though on top of the new car price. I'm thinking for that $47k I could get a 69 title and vin tag, Dynacorn body and build the rest from scratch, then get 100 times the looks of the retrofitted car.
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

for 47k you could buy a nice real 69 and not have to do much.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Lame. I started out 'undecided' on the appearance of these cars. And my disposition hasn't improved...the more I see them the less I like. Chunky and heavy looking, should be svelte but aren't. In the appearance department I rate the design a GM 'fail'. And this pseudo-69 grill mod doesn't help.

But lots of folks love 'em and they're selling like crazy. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.
                          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

That is so lame...the more I look at it the lamer it gets. I can't wait for someone to put a 57 chevy front end on an Impala....That will be sweet!!!

I know we all like our old cars, but can't we stop living in the past and enjoy the now too?
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I'm not a camaro guy, but I think that one pictured looks pretty good. I didn't care much for the RS one I saw.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X