SEMA 2010: The Ugly, the Bad and the Totally Tasteless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SEMA 2010: The Ugly, the Bad and the Totally Tasteless

Or, at the very least, a lot more tire. The tires look like they could have been used at a nearly stock ride height.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

I say less green, more tire, less wheel.
      I don't mind the green so much as the idea of green flames. (I can't get excited about most flame jobs anyhow)

That rig makes me think of that scene during the credits in Pixar's "Cars" movie where the blinged-out Hummer (green, btw) says "I've never been off-road! . . . I might get dirt in my rims!"

I don't mind the big wheel size if it's got enough tire to look like a serious off-roader.
      Originally posted by Matt Cramer
      Or, at the very least, a lot more tire. The tires look like they could have been used at a nearly stock ride height.
      Spot-on! After seeing the SVT Raptor, there's no valid reason to lift that much on such a dinky tire. What would have been cooler (and better performing) would to be an SVT Raptor-inspired Super Duty. That rig is triumph of waste over taste. But they made us look, so I suspect they think it was a success.

Comment

Sadly, for every piece of horrendously gross schlock out there, there is someone that just CAN'T WAIT to get to their hands on one!

Case in point: back in the late '70's/early '80's, someone marketed bolt-on, fake zoomie-tube exhaust tips. Now, in the right application, this might work. However, anyone remember how these turned up bolted to the worst examples of rolling turds that most sane, non-users of psychotropic, mind-altering drugs would NEVER want to be caught dead in, let alone be seen in by there buddies? Or worse, their enemies?! I rest my case.

Comment

Wait! Doesn't the Cherry Bomb D-100 Shop Truck have zoomies?

Comment

Observation, part 2: after viewing the gallery, one persistent thought remains - just because one can, doesn't mean one should.

The Caddy limo with the side stacks: 2 words - "Mon-ster, Mon-ster Garage!"

With a few of the...um, vehicles, in question, it wasn't as much the style that induced the stomach-churns as the execution. Or the color choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              To each his own!

I say less green, more tire, less wheel.
              I would have chromed the under green suspnsion items, ran more tire and less wheel..but I dig the green flames..
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist formerly known as Speedzzter
                Wait! Doesn't the Cherry Bomb D-100 Shop Truck have zoomies?
                Yeah, and...?

Apparently, you didn't read my entire post. I said, and I quote, "Now, in the right application, this might work." Sheesh!

Comment

That didn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of the zoomie concept (when I read it BEFORE I posted). But I guess you're now saying that zoomies "work" on the Cherry Bomb D-100. I'm not sure I agree**, but thanks for clearing it up.

**I tend not to be a big fan of anything that not functional or is fake. And Stacey David had to compromise the function of the ladder bars so that the fake zoomies could fit.

That being said, I'm glad Cherry Bomb supports Bangshift and I otherwise like their D-100. And I understand they used zoomies to draw attention to the fact they were an exhaust company (a big set of fenderwell headers and/or functional side pipes would have done that just as well, and a set of L'il Red Express-inspired stacks might have done even better).

Comment

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                      while i normally agree on many of the auto fashion f-k ups you mention here on BS Brian...I do not feel the same way about this truck..i would rock it.

need more tire tho....
                      There were several colors at SEMA that nobody could get on film right...that green is one of them. If you wanted all-black, there was that Ram Dually that was running around on the road that got my attention, and I'm not usually drawn to big-ass rigs.

That being said, the worst, ugliest thing I saw in Vegas was NOT at SEMA. It was actually in the car museum there.

Look closely at it. Turd brown and Pink Mercedes, with cheetah-print interior. Epic f**kup. I can't remember which brand-name designer created this visual CF.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

that ford F350 those tires are tiny

i also feel bad for that 6 leaker :'(

Comment

ekk

Comment

HaHaHa I am just glad my van didnt make it in this gallery lol

Comment

Really? That thing is awesome!
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

don't see a greenbrier van every day

Comment

Working...
                                X