X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Read: How Ford Got Their Mojo Workin'

Re: Great Read: How Ford Got Their Mojo Workin'

Working Mojo = pitchers of beer? ???

Thankfully, Mulally didn't take the bailout money and his regime didn't kill the SVT Raptor, Coyote V8 and Boss V8 (even with 35+ m.p.g. CAFE standards looming overhead).

But other than some mild refreshing of the Mustang, he's done zip squat for Ford's forgotten RWD customers. No Aussie Falcon. No Coyote-powered Panthers (Town Car, Marauder, Grand Marquis, Crown Victoria, Police Interceptor). No subcompact RWD. No two-seater. Nothing.

Other than the Mustang and the SVT Raptor, Ford builds very litte that's "Bangshiftable" anymore. You can't even get a pickup with a manual transmission now! (And don't mention the V8-less SHO Taurus . . . there's not 1-in-1000 Bangshifters who would pick that overpriced, hard-to-work-on shoebox for a build)

So they may be rolling in the dough at the moment and on David Champion's friend list, but they've mostly forgotten their most loyal customers.

And I'm not even saying anything about how pitiful the factory racing program is these days.

I guess I'm not quite ready to beatify Mulally yet.

Comment

Good read!
      Originally posted by A/Fuel
      I have a set of super pants, they work great!

Comment

the reason for a GM ipo is to get the govt below a fifty percent stake of GM
        ugh , go ford

Comment

And I though it was so they could sell a big stake to the Chinese. Silly me.

Comment

they sold saginaw gear to chicoms
            I think I'm done -3rd dealership in 3 years to close down on me

Comment

gm tried to sell allison to saginaw to zf in 89 - the feds turned it down on national security because of an east german connection
              but the communist chinese [dirt] are now our best friends

Comment

Yeah, that's just wrong.

The "Man" is all worried about depending on Middle Eastern oil (when most of our imports come from the Americas and the price is set on the international market). Yet we've mortgaged or sold our whole country to a totalitarian regime controlling a huge stock of nuclear weapons and enslaving 1/4 of the world's population. And we've outsourced nearly all of our basic industrial and manufacturing capacity to them as well.

They're worried about the wrong dependency.

Sorry to hear about all those dealership closings. That's tough on all those techs and other employees who lose their jobs in this terrible economy. I hope you find a better place to spin wrenches.

Closing stores never made much sense to me. Fewer dealers means less competition, less convenience, and a smaller presence in the marketplace. And it was the independent dealers who bore virtually all of the "overhead" for the dealerships, so it doesn't really save the OEMs much money.

Look at it this way: Sears, Montgomery Ward, K-Mart, Woolco and even Target concentrated on a relatively small number of stores in large urban and suburban areas. Wal-Mart initially "hit 'em where they ain't" by building thousands of stores in the small and medium-sized towns ignored by the retail giants. And look who ended up winning that war.

If I were running things, I'd rather have more smaller stores than fewer larger ones. Maybe that's one reason I don't get to "run things." :D

Comment

with the same chinese junk the others sell too
                  wal mart gets a bad rap

Comment

Working...
                  X