Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool New Product: Auburn Gear's ECTED MAX Trick Selectable Locker

Re: Cool New Product: Auburn Gear's ECTED MAX Trick Selectable Locker

how is this different then what is in the back of an H3 or 'yota Land cruiser?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My experience with this product has not been good. We installed one in a customers Jeep, and had issues with it banging as you drove the vehicle. The posi unit would grab and release while driving with the unit unlocked. We called Auburn a number of times and their only suggestion was to change the gear oil. After a oil change, it would be fine for a couple months, and the issue would come right back. They would suggest different brands of oir, different friction modifiers, and we did as they suggested. This when on for just over a year, and when the problem came back their suggestion was for us to buy a replacement unit from them because the warranty had expired.

We have not charged our customer for any of the gear oil changes, or inspections. We had to cover the cost of replacing the unit to keep our customer happy. Auburn has been no help, or do they ever intend to be. Needless to say, at Diversified we will no longer sell or install their product line.

Comment

Mike, sorry to hear of your experience and thanks for sharing it.

Certainly not a ringing endorsement!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've had an ARB air locker in my 9" under my jeep for years, beat the snot out of it, no problems.

Too bad, I thought Auburn had decent customer service. Apparently their leadership is still learning that.
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Working...
          X