Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Coil Resigns From John Force Racing

Re: Austin Coil Resigns From John Force Racing

That's hard to believe that Coil left JFR, I always thought that those two would retire together. :o
    First John Medlin leaves, now Coil, WOW, makes you wonder what's up over there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rajunz
      First John Medlin leaves, now Coil, WOW, makes you wonder what's up over there.....
      It's called, "Mike Neff". All during the World Finals, Force bragged on Neff more than he said virtually ANYTHING about Coil. Seems to me that it's not too difficult to figure out. Even the media shoved a mic. into Coil's face and excitedly asked him what he thought about Neff. Force all but shoved him into the back seat. I'm not a Force fan by any means, but Coil deserved better.

Comment

I need to find my the Car Craft from 85 that talked about Coil comming on board

Comment

All you have to do is read between the lines. Coil stated that where he goes the next time (outside of a possible Nostalgia deal for his wife) will have to be able to hire a bunch of people, and that the money deal will have to be right. He stated he wasn't happy w/the financial situation. That says it all. There is more to the story as I have first hand witnessed, but you'll have to catch me at the track for me to reveal what I know and this is from 20 years ago!!

Comment

Yup, looks like there was an across the board pay cut in 2009... Sounds like my company no raises for 5 years and a paycut to boot.

Here's another article with a candid phone interview with Coil
            http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...th-john-force/
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Let's see, paycuts and no raises and Force is bragging about finishing the new big house for his wife. I'm sure morale is at an all time high!

Comment

It could be all of whats be mentioned as to whay people are leaving but it could be some or alot of his bloated ego. Hard to say when you don't know whats going on behind the curtains.

Comment

Anyone who is not a starry-eyed fan could watch the show on A & E and see that Force is a Grand Canyon Asshole in real life.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                  X