Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trader Classics Find: A 1964 Cadillac Hearse

Re: Auto Trader Classics Find: A 1964 Cadillac Hearse

Very, very cool! I've always been an admirer/ lover of "professional" cars, and this is an amazing example of the breed.

My grandparents retired to AZ. in 1950 and lived across the road from Sun City, one of the first planned-retirement communities in the world, let alone the US, with Youngtown, where they lived, being the first. They were good friends with a young (at the time) funeral home owner/director (needless to say, a VERY big business in that part of the country, as well as Fla.!) who always had some of the coolest and off-beat "pro." cars. Caddies, Oldsmobiles, Chryslers, Packards, Pontiacs, Buicks; if it was made, he probably owned an example at one time or another. Sadly, he is now gone and his business was bought by a family that is running it just as well as he did, though much more conventionally in practice, ie., the newest, blandest cars. Well maintained, mind you, but bland none-the-less. Ironically, it was this same business that took care of my mother and father when it was their turn. *sigh*

Comment

Re: Auto Trader Classics Find: A 1964 Cadillac Hearse

Check out the license plate: "TO DIE FOR".

Comment

Working...
      X