Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Pearl Harbor Today; 69th Anniversary of Attack

Re: Remember Pearl Harbor Today; 69th Anniversary of Attack

Thanks for remembering something people and the media, for whatever reason, seem to ignore. As an example the Weather Channel was busily and oddly talking about Nagasaki this morning. And also thanks for the recognition of, without question, America's greatest generation. My parents and many other's relations among that wonderful and special group of people.

Comment

The Greatest Generation...no truer words were spoken.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

As I'm writing this I'm sitting here in my grandmothers living room waiting for cancer to claim her.She's 88 years old. Not long after Pearl Harbor my grandmother became a welded for Kaiser Steel. In Richmond ca. Here and her 3 sisters were all welders on Liberty Ships. Hanging in her closet is her face shield,welding hood,cutting goggles and horse hide jacket. She used to tell me how they could build a ship every 3-4 days. It still amazes me what that generation did. Both in uniform and those whom stayed behind to supply the war machine.
        Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for teaching me what real work is all about.
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Amen, and date that will live in infamy.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I hope America never forgets.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Thanks for the post Brian.
              And thanks to great Americans like your Grandma, we have the freedom we so enjoy.

it brought a tear to my eye reading your post Chassisman, wishing the best for her.
              Doug
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

May it never happen again, on our shores or elsewhere.

Many thanks to all veterans young and old for your service.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

At 4:50 this morning my grandmother went peacefully. She suffered no pain. 3 weeks ago she was still mowing her own lawn. Before she got too bad she asked that we tell her what day it was and what time. At Thanksgiving she siad she would leave us at 4:00. Well 4:50 is pretty close...but that was my grandmother....her terms. Now she joins grandpa the welder in Heaven. Not sure what they are building up there but they sure have one heck of a team assembled.
                  The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Ron. I'm glad to here it came peacefully.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ron, Im sorry to hear this, may peace be with her. I wish your family and you all the strength in your time of need.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
                        As I'm writing this I'm sitting here in my grandmothers living room waiting for cancer to claim her.She's 88 years old. Not long after Pearl Harbor my grandmother became a welded for Kaiser Steel. In Richmond ca. Here and her 3 sisters were all welders on Liberty Ships. Hanging in her closet is her face shield,welding hood,cutting goggles and horse hide jacket. She used to tell me how they could build a ship every 3-4 days. It still amazes me what that generation did. Both in uniform and those whom stayed behind to supply the war machine.
                        Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for teaching me what real work is all about.
                        My father used to tell me about the things that he experienced in The War and one of them was the time that he spent on Liberty ships (he was in the Army, but was shuttled several times on Liberty ships). Not much of a stretch to think that he may have been on a ship built by your grandmother, Ron. Both of my parents are gone and dancing together again in Heaven; maybe they'll meet your grandmother!

Completely agreed that theirs was indeed the "The Greatest Generation". All of us - ALL of us - owe them a debt that can never be repaid. Blood, sweat, pain, great personal sacrifice - all of this and more characterizes these selfless individuals to a man/woman. NEVER will you hear any of them accepting thanks or praise for anything that they did or endured. To them, it was nothing more than any other individual would have done given the same circumstances. I miss my parents more than I can ever say; I pray that you will some day find the same peace that I am only recently beginning to feel (Mom died in '05, Dad in '07).

God bless all that have gone before us and all that still are with us. I, too, pray that we will never forget. More will be the pity when we do...

Comment

Working...
                        X