Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powercruise Events Coming to America in 2011

Re: Powercruise Events Coming to America in 2011

I like the thought of it. There is a culture thinking bigger.

I started keeping an eye out that way (australia) watching vids, (just individual people and thier cars, not the event), after I spotted the little runt ea82 (1781cc subaru boxer), just as casually whipping ten seconds out in a quarter...excactly what I knew it could do. As if it broke all midget covenants and false beliefs right before everybodies runted eyeballs.

and it did not stop there. I like lack of hindered, and the event describes themselves as being so.

I see some have found the extreme of Nelsons racing monsters.. i would go to an event just to possibly hear the american source.

watkins glen seems to be the closest for northeasters.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I think I gotta go to this!!!! Check out the video from there web site.

Powercruise TV brings you the high octane action from Australia's wildest cruising car show, with to-the-minute video coverage from every event!

Comment

Having participated and spectated in similar events when I lived in Australia, I can say that the big difference between this type of event and the 'goodguys' type deal is that there is so much going on, you're never bored, and as an entrant NOTHING beats cruising around a road course and beating the crap outta your car....Great fun just pulling up wherever you want and doing a skid or a drift....
        If that gets boring, go look at the show 'n shine, or the dyno comp etc. Yes goodguys have the autocrosses, but they are really tame compared to this stuff.
        I think the powercruise has the potential to be a big deal in the US, but I think that if it takes off here, the sue happy yanks and the laywers will put an end to it if something goes bad (ie on track collision perhaps). I'd LOVE to be proven wrong of course, and I will be amazed if Gup (the organizer) can obtain the liability insurance that allows for a no-holds-barred aussie style powercruise event.

Comment

Hope they expand the locations..and I really hope the lawyers don't get involved. This has the ability to be awesome...
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hi Zombie...

I've been working on this for 3 years now and it's finally come together. Insurance is taken care of and has been given the nod by all the tracks involved so we are full steam ahead mate.

Have you been to Powercruise in AU? by the sounds of it you must have visited one of the events as your pretty well on the mark with how it appeals to everyone.

check this clip out to see what it's all about..

Powercruise TV brings you the high octane action from Australia's wildest cruising car show, with to-the-minute video coverage from every event!

Gup

Comment

Gup, glad to have you drop by, dude!

Both Chad and I think that these events sound full-on bad ass, so if you ever need anything promoted or publicized, just shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll get it on the front page.

Anything that gives people the opportunity to get out there and beat up on their cars is A-OK in our book.

Cool that your efforts paid off. Once word gets out I bet you'll have some big events!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Glad to see that ya'll are heading over! Hopefully you can expand to some of the other areas of the U.S. Never been to Australia, let alone a Powercruise, but thanks to YouTube and Streetfire, I've been watching some of the past videos.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Gup, glad to have you drop by, dude!

Both Chad and I think that these events sound full-on bad ass, so if you ever need anything promoted or publicized, just shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll get it on the front page.

Anything that gives people the opportunity to get out there and beat up on their cars is A-OK in our book.

Cool that your efforts paid off. Once word gets out I bet you'll have some big events!

Brian

thats awsome Brian thanks for the offer mate and we'll take you up on it for sure... we got lots of promo work to do so every time someone helps us out just makes the event grow and grow.

drop me an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll chat mate

cheers

gup

Comment

Hey Gup, went to one of your sydney ones as a spectator, used to enter the easternats, as I'm originally from melbourne. Love the idea of you doing the events here mate, you just need to do one in cali (willow springs could be a good venue, or maybe even fontana) so I can join in the fun!

Comment

thats cool so you know exactly what we get up to then hey

where is Fontana? got a link to the track there... i'll be branching out pretty quickly once it takes off mate so you never know where Powercruise will end up

Gup

Comment

Hey Gup, sorry bout the late reply... 'Fontucky' is about just over an hour from LA, headed east on the 10 fwy.
                        The track is http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/?homepage=true Its where they run the NASCARS over here in SoCal.
                        There is a road course (cirsuit) integrated into the tri-oval that would be perfect for cruising. They also have a 1/4 mile drag strip on the same facility.

Comment

ahh yeah i have decided to stay away from the road courses that are inside speekways mate... too hard to make sure the spectators and other entrants are protected.

thats why we are going to full on road courses really.

Gup

Comment

Working...
                          X