Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BorgWarner Jumps Into the Performance Turbocharger Market

Originally posted by horsewidower
    At 2k to 3k a pop they are DOA for the street market.
    wow
    x2 on DOA

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
      Originally posted by horsewidower
      At 2k to 3k a pop they are DOA for the street market.
      wow
      x2 on DOA
      seen the retail prices on some of the Precision stuff? I see plenty of it on the street.

They probably have figured the cost of fabbing up a wastegate setup - and factored that in accordingly.

I for one, hope to see them do well. I'm sure the price will end up being whatever the market bears. It's easier to go down than up!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

DG has a point - some of the DVD in the Dash guys will probably have a realtime graph showing their turbo speed in neon colors. It'd be cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Datalogging the speed is an interesting concept (when did it really spool, where is it on the map at certain times).

Comment

They have hit the market now, and it looks like they're not as expensive as I thought.

I must have heard them quote one of the largest ones; it seems they don't quite have the pricing on those.

Comment

Those are pretty good deals when you think of all the fab work and extra costs they eliminate. Can't wait to get my fingers in one as soon as possible!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
              I must have heard them quote one of the largest ones; it seems they don't quite have the pricing on those.
              What? I want one of the 600-1200Hp ones for $0 ;D
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                Those are pretty good deals when you think of all the fab work and extra costs they eliminate. Can't wait to get my fingers in one as soon as possible!
                Bah!!!

I think I'll wait for awhile, they've got to get cheaper once they're not the newest thing.

Comment

Working...
                X