The Parting Shift: Beating on a 625hp, Four Speed, Big Block, 1968 Chevelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: Beating on a 625hp, Four Speed, Big Block, 1968 Chevelle

Re: The Parting Shift: Beating on a 625hp, Four Speed, Big Block, 1968 Chevelle

So what's the deal with letting off the gas between gears, is that a new technique or something?

Comment

cool vid.

I wonder if the throttling big block could break a subaru ej crankshaft... haha.

the last hell ride I ever got was a 69 chevelle, pistons shved to fit the chambers.

I thought it was cool , sounded tough, blah blah.."only" a 350.

we go to get on the highway, I came to smacking my head off the back window. ???

it was the last of secretly scoring avgas and driving down the road, the car was too extreme to run.. I bet it is still sitting around today.

this car was so fast, when I did a 10.4 in my own.. I thought nothing of it just remembering that ride..

13s is still silly. :

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
        So what's the deal with letting off the gas between gears, is that a new technique or something?
        Yeah... I don't know, maybe because I just watched the Ford video right before this one :D but I wasn't overly impressed with the actual shifting..... My video's look the same when I shift.... Sounded good though.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

You are right on that one. Somone should inform this guy that power shifts means no lifting the throttle. I shift like that on a day to day basis.

Comment

UM brian, the vid starts off listing an m21
            rockcrusher is a m22

Comment

Um... Where's the car with 625 horses?????

Comment

Just letting you guys know, this is a STOCK m21 from 1968. The clutch is 5 years old so it is not easy to shift this car. I apologize if the shifting with this transmission was not up to the standards of more modern ones. Looking into getting a g-froce GF4A that should handle the 625 better. Again, i apologize if the shifting in this video was not the greatest.

Comment

Hey dude, thanks for joining up! No matter what these dudes say, I think the car freaking rules.

Do you ever run it at the drags?
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

last time we did was in 2004 or 2005. Ran 121mph, but lots of traction problems and tranny trouble. It was quite frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                    X