Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaking Awesome Video: A Roots Blown Dragster That Uses a V-Twin Engine to Power the Blower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking Awesome Video: A Roots Blown Dragster That Uses a V-Twin Engine to Power the Blower!

Re: Freaking Awesome Video: A Roots Blown Dragster That Uses a V-Twin Engine to

Cool, sounds awesome too. Makes a guy wonder if the Not-so-Smart car in the background has a Hyabusa motor in it...

Comment

Re: Freaking Awesome Video: A Roots Blown Dragster That Uses a V-Twin Engine to Power the Blower!

Neat concept, and engineering.
      Wonder how he has the throttles to both motors hooked up?

That dragstrip is in some rugged country, ain't it?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Freaking Awesome Video: A Roots Blown Dragster That Uses a V-Twin Engine to Power the Blower!

Quite an interesting concept, one I'm sure has been contemplated many times over the years and possibly even attempted, though apparently with more than dubious results considering that this is the first that I can recall ever seeing or hearing of.

In the third video, after the burnout and before the backup, the V-twin can clearly be heard still revving after the driver has backed out of the V-8's throttle. Seems to me that the throttle(s) would have to be progressively linked, considering the RPM differential; it would be far too easy to over-rev the V-twin by having the throttle response be equal. It would seem that there would be a need for a reduction gear (?) in the V-twin's throttle and a correspondingly smaller drive pulley to bring in the boost at a rate equal to the V-8's rev range.

Also found it interesting that the V-twin's exhaust wasn't linked to the V-8's to assist in torque-producing scavenging. Might this be linked to my rev-differential theory?

Still, cool set-up and very amazing that they were able to figure out the physics enough to make it viable!

Comment

In the third video, after the burnout and before the backup, the V-twin can clearly be heard still revving after the driver has backed out of the V-8's throttle.
          Less load on the V-twin?
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Hey follow bangers a friend sent me a link and there I is....
            In response to throttling the enderle injector hat has second cable to the Harley motor and at the harley carb there is a second cable that runs to a second gas pedal.This was nessary to rev the harley to build more boost.With gas the harley is under powered but proved a theory I had this year.
            It looks like I need 150 hp to run my set up at the blower.
            I got the idea picking through motorcycle parts wrecker,I picked up a honda 1200 cc shadow motor and said this would look cool powering the supercharger on the dragster,that's when I though it's got to be a Harley motor...

Thanks Bangshift.com
            It's good to be on board....

Comment

Hey man!!!

Welcome to the fun. Your setup is totally neat. How long did it take you to get it squared away? Have you fixed it from the big wheelstand yet?

Tell us about that strip, looks like it is cut into a freakin' mountain!!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well Brain it took 6 runs to figure the two gas/alcohol pedal system ,the very first run I believe would of been a good pass if the the trans break was correctly wired at the switch ... (Thus no reverse)
                the other runs was setting ingnition timing I found harley's will not start if you a degree or two over.
                Too little timing on the harley the topend would not make enough power and the harley would drop to 2500 rpm's.
                I'd like to try a SS engine out,since the EVO motor I'am using at 5000 ft. level is making about 80-90 HP.

The Track is http://www.thundermountainraceway.com/menu_left.html and this track is curved out of rock'with boulders the size of houses.Work started on the track in 1980 and hosted sand drags till the track was paved in 1982 or so.
                The track is 1/8 mile and the air is thin hoovering around 2000 ft. to 7000 ft. on bad days.
                My 5.600 ET at sea level would of been a 5.0 et.
                The wheel stand is from 2002 and the car was repaired by replacing the back section from the drivers cage to the wheely bars (no bar in 2002). The track is now IHRA as of 2011.Repaving is in the works,Oh did I mention the track has a loud echo which makes for a great sounding track.

Comment

More questions because I'm a nosy reporter type....

Actually, screw it. I'd love to write a story on that thing and get the full monte of info!

If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail to [email protected]!

That car is 100% BangShift approved!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea Brain,I will email you and we can coordinate materials...

Comment

Working...
                    X