Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: What Motor Would Santa Run in His Sleigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What Motor Would Santa Run in His Sleigh?

Santa is clearly traditional and classy. I'm going with a roots blown flatty with Ardun heads. The sleigh is getting a flame job, too.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
      Santa is clearly traditional and classy. I'm going with a roots blown flatty with Ardun heads. The sleigh is getting a flame job, too.
      I was thinking along the same lines, but on second thought I'm leaning towards twin Buick nailheads...he needs the reassurance of a second powerplant. The flame job is a nice touch; maybe channel the sleigh over the runners

As for the striking reindeer, no shortage of those guys...maybe Mrs Claus will have venison on the table once Santa gets back from deliveries.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Even though I'm a slant six fan, when you've got to haul enough toys for every little boy and girl in the world... a couple of EMD 710 diesels might be more appropriate.

Comment

In this economy, Santa probably had to economize. Megsquirt'd junkyard LS and a holset HX40 to compensate for density altitude at FL20 (20,000')
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Gotta have boatloads of usable torque (to lug all those toys, duh!) and run reliably for several hundred thousand miles, while getting reasonable fuel economy with the benefit of being able to run on multiple fuel sources if necessary... I'm thinking Ford 7.3 Powerstroke with Garrett turbo upgrade, larger injectors and HPOP, 6-position chip. ;D

Comment

me thinks an tunnelrammed, EFI pumpgas 707 would do the trick....

"IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Flux-capacitor, how else would he be able to get around the world in just 1 night???

Comment

Well Santa's a one and only so no belly button motors here. Tons of h.p. and torque and efi for dependability.

Oh, and its a Caddie if you didn't already know. I'd probably also add a turbo.

Comment

another vote for Mr. Fusion - needs to be quiet so he doesn't wake up the brats.

If the brats were bad and he wanted to scare them, this is pretty hooligan looking and should work well:

needs zoomies.

Comment

Sorry, you guys are all wrong.

Santa's sleigh is powered by the below mill, a Waukesha Engine Company 16V275GL

Displacing 17,398ci and featuring a bore/stroke of 10.83"x11.81" it cranks out 4835hp @1,000 rpm.

It runs on the natural gas produced by the Taco Bell eating reindeer.

Looka this summabitch.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's certainly the correct color!
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

pffft... 0.28hp/ci? seriously? Tune that bad boy up to 0.50 hp/ci and *maybe* Santa can make it work.

;D
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                          X