Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible Vintage Nitro Photos From NY International Raceway in the Late 1960s and Early 1970s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible Vintage Nitro Photos From NY International Raceway in the Late 1960s and Early 1970s.

Re: Incredible Vintage Nitro Photos From NY International Raceway in the Late 1960s and Early 1970s.

Totally awesome, there is just something about that era, the perfect blend of money, technology, styling and guts. I'm not even half way through the pics yet.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Re: Incredible Vintage Nitro Photos From NY International Raceway in the Late 1960s and Early 1970s.

That's pretty cool, oh to be born 20 years earlier, never got to go to NY National.

S&K Speed is still a local Speed shop, was in HRM a couple years ago when they did the Speed Shop issue
      [img width=768]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_N_Z23kGwsUA/TQmh8d_cPvI/AAAAAAAAA4k/c08zwqX_Ruk/S%26K%20Anglia001.jpg[/img]

Merkel Racing engines is still a local engine builder
      [img width=768]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_N_Z23kGwsUA/TQmiHecb90I/AAAAAAAAA6Q/yR4LO83Dggc/s912/Jack%20Merkel%20AGS%2067%20AHRA%20Summernationals0 01.jpg[/img]

sigpic

Comment

Lot of history and big names captured in all that. Who would've remembered that once upon a time MERCURY had a presence, not just in NASCAR, but drag racing too.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Awesome !!! Its going to get a lot of hits when I spread the word !!!!

Comment

Looking at some of those cars I find it amazing that we didn't lose more drivers, my streetable Nova has more safety features then what most of those funny cars had. I still want one of those old Hauler trucks with all the compartments built in underneath, those were the shits!

Comment

:D AMAZING pics, at the time we had to wait for the magazines to get some news from the US every month. In this days with IT you watch the pics and order your NEW YORK NATIONAL SPEEDWAY, FREEPOET SPEEDWAY, and ISLIP SPEEDWAY T-shirts from l?ng gone NEW YORK drag strips in a blink from LONG ISLAND NEW YORK at www.autobarn.net And I do it from home in sweden where I dont go out becouse of the snow and cold.
              In about 2 months I fly from sweden to New York, grab a cab and go to one of AUTOBARNS 5 shops on Long Island, do my shopping and a new cab back to the airport, and go back overloaded with car bits to sweden. All in less than 24 hours .
              I love the old days but the shopping is much easyer this days.
              A merry x-mas and a good new year to Chad , Brian and all you other Bangshifters from sweden

Comment

Where is E.J. Potter these days? What a showman!!!
                Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

EJ is alive and well in Michigan.

Last time I spoke with him he told me that he was thinking of building another one, except this one was going to have an all aluminum small block in it!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Looks like there was a lot of awesome pictures there that the owner took down.

Comment

Working...
                    X