No announcement yet.

Bangshift Question of the Day: Do You Have a Favorite Old School Monster Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangshift Question of the Day: Do You Have a Favorite Old School Monster Truck

Re: Bangshift Question of the Day: Do You Have a Favorite Old School Monster Truck

Definitely the original Big Foot and Bob Chandler....

I was a zit-faced teenager visiting family in St Louis one summer in the early 80s. I was able to talk a family friend (kinda like my adopted aunt) into taking me to Midwest Performance, (IIRC it was actually in Hazelwood). I was checking out the shop/store and Bob Chandler himself was there. He struck up a conversation with me and I told him I came all the way from Denver to see his shop. He thought it was neat and took me out to the back lot and took me for a ride in #1. He even drove over a few car he had sitting back there for just that reason.....totally cool.....a memory I'll have forever.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Re: Bangshift Question of the Day: Do You Have a Favorite Old School Monster Truck

^^^^ That story is freaking awesome. For a dork like me, that would be akin to taking a spin with Garlits in Swamp Rat 1! :D
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was totally geek'd out .... I have a few (get this) polaroids somewhere ..... along with a shirt and hat from Midwest.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I'm going to be a homer here and go with Bigfoot ( I live in Hazelwood, home of Bigfoot, as Bamfster pointed out.). I had never heard of Bigfoot until he drove to my cub scout summer camp. It was an awesome sight. Then every year Bigfoot would drive in the local parade right in front of my house. I still remember his previous shop that had a really cool mural of three trucks painted on the front of it.

A close second would be Bearfoot which seemed to everywhere in the beginning.

Comment

The first I can remember really getting excited about was when bigfoot put on those massive tires like in this picture.

Though, Grave Digger has always put on the best show IMO.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Bigfoot I started it all for me, and Bigfoot 8 is right there in a close second, the first tube chassis, cantilever shocked truck built.

Here's some good history of Bigfoot

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

And due to the attraction of the sound of a 2 stroke Detriot has always had on me, this thing is at the top of the list too.

I took this at the Syracuse Mile, in the late 80's, at the Big Rig race they had.

Comment

What about the Skoal Bandit? It had a Jag V12

The Maestro: King of the Cowboy Artists This documentary from Les Blank follows the indomitable Gerald "The Maestro" Gaxiola, who turned to a life of prolifi...

Comment

Krimson Krusher was cool running tractor tires too

Krimson Krusher driven by Dale Hancock vs Mad Dog driven by John BreenThis is also off an old tape my parents recored

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from battle of the monster trucks. including monster vette, monster mash, rollin thunder, frankenstein

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from battle of the monster trucks. including monster vette, monster mash, rollin thunder, frankenstein
                        Have this on VHS!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bigfoot, only seen it once in person.
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I remember when the Monster Vette came out, everyone hyped it up, more a carnival act than a monster truck.

Comment

Hafta to be Big Foot

Back in the 80's I used to take the boys
                              to several of the monster truck events that
                              came to the area.....Big Foot was their favorite.

I hired Big Foot for a promo event once.
                              It sure drew a crowd.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X