Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blizzard Preparedness: Screw Canned Goods and Batteries, Fix the Antique John Deere Snowmobile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blizzard Preparedness: Screw Canned Goods and Batteries, Fix the Antique John Deere Snowmobile!

Brian...i was going by the stickers....didnt even even look at the engine pics. my bad!

Liquidator= single carb
    liquifire =dual carbs

if my memory is right. once again, Im probably still full of shit! ;D ;D
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Re: Blizzard Preparedness: Screw Canned Goods and Batteries, Fix the Antique John Deere Snowmobile!

Doug, this biotch has the twin Mikuni carbs.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        Doug, this biotch has the twin Mikuni carbs.
        I seen that when I went back and looked at the Pics.....that is to sweet!, I rode with a friend back in high school, he on a liquifire , me on my merc sno twister. good times.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Damn it Lohnes, where's the deep snow pics?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen
              Nice sled,liquifires are pretty collectible and worth a nice chunk of change now days. Be careful taking anything out of the exhaust because you will need to rejet or you will probably seize it up,we have a couple guys that race them on our circuit.
              that is a unique engine.
              I would Plop a modern engine (also from the 70s) and hide the weird one..
              they did that local to these. The number stayed 340, I am sure it was kawasaki that fell right in (there used to be alot of those)

My choice was 440 kawasaki. haul ass, on unleaded gas...never got to my own hacked up old sled as planned, as a 440 also fit in a 1968 sno jet. ;D

Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

nice deere, my friend dan used to have a 72 (iirc) john deere spitfire 340. it was one of the aircooled ones with the motor sticking out of the hood

ill hopefully be acquiring a 1998 arctic cat zr500 soon to have something to do while i wait for this snow to melt :D

oh, and we need video of the john deere hoonage ;D

Comment

the later model JDs went to a Kawasaki engine. The JDs always seemed to handle better than most other sleds. Advertisements of the day said it was because of the engine mounted lower in the chassis for lower center of gravity.

Hmm maybe we need a " power sports " child board !
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                    Hmm maybe we need a " power sports " child board !
                    ^this

Comment

Yeah I'm late to the game ;D

Haha, started right off with greatness:
                      While weiner, clean-handed automotive bloggers were preparing breathless items about the new Kia Rio, sipping a Mochachino and working up a semi to Ken Block videos,
                      Then continued!

Originally posted by joebogey
                      Nice write-up, there's no better way to spend the holidays than wrenching.

And yes, "and a screw driver (flathead, we're not hacks)" is the quote of the page.
                      Great blog, and didn't even see you mention the fact that the thing is older than you are!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Brian, I guess I am too late to warn you about inhaling exhaust fumes? I can now tell you that I owned a 60's MERCURY snow machine! Still have the owners manual if you need one. Have a Happy New Year! Higgy

Comment

Real men drive antique Arctic Cat snowmobiles. Across frozen lakes. In February. ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X