Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Find: A 1940s Sears/Allstate One Wheel Trailer

Re: Craigslist Find: A 1940s Sears/Allstate One Wheel Trailer

Looks like they had a suspension - an interesting swing arm and bell crank design:

Looks like they aren't a bad idea for light loads - no jackknifing when you back up.

Comment

Back in my gas station days out of high school in the early 80's I had a guy in Kanawha City WV that had one. I got to talking to him about it and asking questions and he said it was for homeoweners and compact for ease of use.
      He had his for quite sometime and just changed the mounting tabs from car to car as he traded up over the years.
      I always thought they was a pretty neat little item, seems like most people could use something like that today.

Comment

Never knew of the existence of these either. I need to find one of those to go behind my Beetle for swap meet finds at the VW shows ... :P

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

A little beefing up and this would be a cool Drag Week trailer. One of our neighbors had one of these when I was a kid. (many,many, moons ago) He pulled it behind an Opel Kadet.They must be nearly obsolete by now. Those were the good old days when you could buy anything under the sun from the Sears and Roebuck catalog. I bet it didn't cost anywhere near $600 new.

Comment

Working...
          X