Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Ever Blown an Engine Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: Ever Blown an Engine Up?

After blowing this LT1 up a year ago, I'm finally pulling it out the bottom next week.

Oil pan beat to hell, timing chain cover shattered, Optispark disintegrated. You can grab the balancer and move it back and forth. Seems the first two cylinders didn't want to be associated with the back six any longer, so they went their own way... ;)
    Living the dream!

Comment

In the words of Eric Cartman, "Screw you guys....I'm going home" :D

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

In the early '90s I worked for a car and truck rental agency. They sent me to retrieve a broken down rental truck near Bakersfield. I told them they should just tow the thing but they insisted I try driving it back to L.A. Ten miles down the road, BANG! rattle-rattle-rattle. Number 4 connecting rod decided it needed out :.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy ~The Pontificating Windbag
          It reminds me of the day back in high school when someone asked me where my jacked-up Pontiac was.

(Hey, it was the '70s . . . Disco, Gabriel Hi-Jackers, and N-50s hanging out on slot mags were in style. We didn't know any better . . . .)

Conjuring up a phrase I'd heard countless times on ABC's "Wild World of Sports" NASCAR coverage, I preened a bit and announced "I blew my engine." To which a decidedly non-bangshifting bystander replied "Did you burn your lips?"

True story. :D
          The cars' dress back then wasn't half as frightening as what the owners donned back then.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for using my pic! The guys at the shop had a good laugh.
            Here is my friends el camino. Should be running again soon

Comment

Working...
            X