Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: An S-10 Hot Rod Creation Thing

Re: eBay Find: An S-10 Hot Rod Creation Thing

Wow what a travesty, I dont whether to laugh or cry.

I really like S-10s, and have always wanted a roadster Blazer, but not with a 32 Ford grill.
    Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

FAIL!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

If he would have tapered the cowl in a bit, chopped the body behind the B-pillar and installed a box, he could have gotten away with a RPU look. That rear end looks just awful, but the body lines on the doors look surprisingly good.

Comment

Alright. I am going to have to go out on a bit of a limb here.

I like this truck.

I don't much care for it's looks, I wouldn't own it, but I like this truck. I like it because it's something that someone designed, planned and more or less completed. It runs and drives. It features: 350 chevy, Edlebrock 650, headman headers, Rand aluminum radiator, electric fan, 50 Cadillac air cleaner, 700r4 automatic, VDO Gauges, B&M Floor Shifter, 60 chevy split bench in front original rear seat, Coker whitewalls, 39 Chevy taillights, 30's Bucket headlights, 32 ford grille & shell. That sounds like an awful lot of fun in such a light vehicle.

The ad suggests it's reliable, has been cruised to the Daytona Rod Run and "turns heads". How many other vehicles listed on these pages can make that claim? Sure there's plenty that will do that "some day" but this one does it NOW.

You know, I wouldn't touch many of the vehicles showcased on these pages with a ten foot pole. I find some of them ugly, I find others impractical, still others seem to break down at every opportunity, yet others appear to be purpose built to annoy as many people as possible while being driven down the street.

But you know what?

I still admire the effort, energy and talent that went into them. I admire the stick-to-it-ness of the builder. I admire the fact that someone has the know-how to sit down to a clean sheet of paper, or to a pile of parts, or is able to look at a stock vehicle and say to themselves; "You know what? I am going to build this vehicle to suit my tastes." "It's going to be mine." "I get to decide." Then they go out and build it. And it works. And they have fun with it.

So before you laugh at this vehicle, call it down, make fun of the unfortunate front end styling, remember that this vehicle is probably a blast to drive, seats four people and is reliable enough to cruise to Daytona in. My 1969 GMC half-ton was none of those things.

ps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aT7l3Sdcr0

Comment

Years ago I had notions of something similar to that, but with a shortened pick-up box. An older, wiser hot-rodder had explained the issues with my plan...and it was just about what we see here.
            With that said, I do agree with Ermott.

Comment

I think they were attempting to go along the same lines as this build, but i think instead of just rodding what was there, they tried to change it into something else. I can't say I like the execution, but I have to applaud the effort and technical build qualify, which is more than I can say for a lot.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X