Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Track Day Wreckage: How To Crash Your Evo While Not Wearing Any Safety Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Track Day Wreckage: How To Crash Your Evo While Not Wearing Any Safety Gear

Re: Open Track Day Wreckage: How To Crash Your Evo While Not Wearing Any Safety Gear

At least his hat's on straight! As someone who has never hit a road coarse but has played plenty of racing sims, definately looked like a gran tourismo move. Crank the wheel further!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: Open Track Day Wreckage: How To Crash Your Evo While Not Wearing Any Safety Gear

On the first turn???? Holy Cow, maybe racing isn't his thing.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Hey he had safety gear, did you not see the gloves? He couldn't wear a firesuit as it would have covered up his Ed Hardy t-shirt.
        sigpic

Comment

Imagine the laugh the guy in the red VW got, watching that from a front row seat.

Funny, when you boil the brake fluild, the wheels usually WON'T lock up under braking.

I think its closer to assume he had a loss of talent, more than a loss of brakes.

The only thing that would have made that clip better, is if his Boys2Men CD came flying out of the radio, as he hit the bank backwards lol.

He should have spent his money on a good driving school, instead of those gloves.

Hopefully he learned a lesson or two from that deal, and at least, keeps that kind of driving on the track, not the street.
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Before my sons could drive, they always kicked my ass with driving video games. I told them real driving was NOT like that. After my younger sons car came home on the hook one night, he told me he learned about understeer, and that the same time he found out exactly what I meant. He then learned the joy of junkyard shopping and about changing struts.

Comment

I love the video poster's comment on the YouTube page"

"After a few too many hot laps around tmp (I lost track, having fun) my brake fluid boiled and the brakes totally failed on the front straight."

It couldn't have been his sandals, could it? No... it was the brakes. Yeah, that's it... the brakes.

HA!

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

When you turn in 100 yards before the curbing you run out of track pretty quick. Had nothing to do with the brakes.

Unfortunately, EVOs and Subaru WRXs have a high propensity to come back off the track on a hook. They are great cars that frequently exceed their drivers capabilities. For some reason the drivers think they can defy the laws of physics. My instructor friends say that they also have a propensity to not listen to instruction.

I was pitted next to a guy that had paper plates on his gorgeous sliver WRX STI. Last run of the day it came in on the hook, covered in mud. The tow truck driver came over and threw the bumper on the ground, full of mud, with a look of utter disgust. Sad way to ruin a really great looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                  I love the video poster's comment on the YouTube page"

"After a few too many hot laps around tmp (I lost track, having fun) my brake fluid boiled and the brakes totally failed on the front straight."

It couldn't have been his sandals, could it? No... it was the brakes. Yeah, that's it... the brakes.

HA!

Ron

I thought that looked like TMP (Toronto Motorsports Park, which is actually about an hour and a half from Toronto). They have cheap lapping time there after 5 pm on weeknights in the summer, you get all sorts of kooks out, no helmet required as you can see. That first corner has lots of room, but as noted, he turned in way too soon, with too much speed. Definitely could benefit from one of the low priced instructional sessions they run at that particular track!!

I've been meaning to get down there with my crapper Taurus SHO to scare a few of the youngins in their fancy new cars. ;D

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Dawggg, He wouldn't have stacked it if he had his Limp Bizkit CD on, YO!

Comment

if a sube does it, it really is jackass at the helm.

this vid here, the guy muttered something about brakes before anything happened.. if into the sponge of boil , lock up is inevitable. bad fluid doesnlt mean no brakes, it means no control of when it locks them...especially in a 1500 pound tin can with 8 pot weirdos.

gimme the big fat single piston anytime.

not that transverse isn't gonna be a freak whenever it feels like it anyway. Go ahead spend the big brembo money...it is all a dream.
                      :
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        At least his hat's on straight! As someone who has never hit a road coarse but has played plenty of racing sims, definately looked like a gran tourismo move. Crank the wheel further!
                        Do that on gt5 and you will be in the same spot!!!! lol.

Apex my son!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X