X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Re: Video Lead Off: Early 1960s Vintage Films of Guys Blowing Donuts

Brian, I think I tree'd ya on this one by over a year. But, the video I posted was 9 1/2 minutes and without the cool rock-a-billy music.

Videos from the 60s made in Cumming,GAThis is my Buddy Russ's Father Burning Up DONUTS in his hopped up Chevy. Check out the 4 - 2 barrels

Leave a comment:

• Ermott
    replied

That 1957 Ford gets awfully close to the road sign post!

Leave a comment:

• Birdman
    replied

Too fun! Loved the '60's Ford P/U with the skirts, the '57 Ford sedan and the '60 Chevy!

For those of you much too young to remember or too unfortunate to have a friend or family member from the era, there are many, MANY stories of guys from the early part of the 20th Century taking their vintage iron out on frozen Lake Michigan to ice fish, access hunting blinds or have at it behind the wheel. My father, born in 1918 and someone that spent a good chunk of his youth in northern IL, told me of his youthful exploits. Then my uncle, his step-brother, told my siblings and I of the OTHER exploits that Dad wouldn't tell us! As our uncle once told us, "Your old man was no angel!"

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied

I sat last Christmas (09) with my dad watching videos on you tube and happened across that , he sat there with a smile the entire time , not saying a word.
    then he started tell me some of what he and my uncles have done in the past. Ill have to make sure he checks it out again!

Leave a comment:

• Bobbya312
    replied

You haven't lived till you've done that. Not that much snow in Alabama,but slick muddy fields and gravel parking lots. Behind the buildings where couples would go to make out after dark.And get gravel slung all over their cars.And then chase you. Yea hooligans,hoons whatever.Ton of fun

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

ain't that great ?

Leave a comment:

• Video Lead Off: Early 1960s Vintage Films of Guys Blowing Donuts

Working...
X