• Show
Clear All

• Caption this Photo: Digger on the Roof

Re: Caption this Photo: Digger on the Roof

man, this traction compound is awesome!
    DocFox

Comment

Brings a whole new meaning to Quik-E-mart!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

HOA won't let me store my racecar, I'll show them..
        let's see them remove it.. ;D

Comment

Due to local tracks closing.....drag racers eveywhere took to any ASPHALT they could find...including roof tops covered in ASPHALT shingles. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

This car is on top of the Green Valley Pitstop Store. Located north of Denton on FM 428. The car belonged to BeBo and Kathy Chandler, who at one time also operated the store. I did see the car run at the Sanger dragstrip. They now run a promod car called BOZILLA. A mid 60's Impala with a mean BLOWN HEMI. Mr. Oldtimer himself told Chandler if you want to go fast, you gotta get a HEMI! They now have a cafe in Aubrey. Go get ya a Bebo Burger!

Comment

When BeBo ran this car, the track now known as Northstar Dragway was in it's infancy. Much shorter, much more uneven, and no one that operated it had much knowledge of track prep, clean-up, etc. (thankfully, times, ownership, and management have changed!) They used to pay something like $100 for low E.T. in a door car and for an open-wheel car every Friday and Saturday night. BeBo consistently grabbed the money for two reasons. One: he ran this little car with a blown small block Chevy on alky+nitro; and, two: no one else with a dragster was brave enough to run much faster than 125 mph with just two-wheel brakes (including yours truly). 4.70's at about 150 were the norm for the little 225" dragster. This car met it's end at the end (pun intended) of the track's shutdown area one evening. After that bumpy, airborne ride through the weeds, the car made it's permanent home on top of the c-store. BeBo went Pro Mod racing shortly there after in a '48 Chevrolet pick-em-up truck that was scary...and fast.

Comment

Proof Santa Claus does drive a dragster.

Comment

Once apprised of the situation, Bill had to finally concede that, yes, he probably did need to get glasses.

Comment

I didn't know there was two other BS'ers so close to me ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I know.....cut back on the nitro!!!!

Comment

Yeah,I over ran the shut down pit,so what!
                        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

11. "Might ought to cut back a tad on the wing."

10. "I told 'em he could sponsor the car, but this is ridiculous."

9. "I tried to tell ya that Army surplus air drop chute was too big!"

8. With this stealthy camouflage plan, "Dyno" Ron hoped his wife wouldn't notice his new digger . . . .

7. "Next time, winch it onto the ramp truck instead of trying to drive it."

6. They ought to do something about that big bump in the traps . . . .

5. "Man, that PJ1 'Track Bite' really gives Spiderman-like grip"

4. "That's not what I meant when I said 'adjust it for altitude.'"

3. The CIA's secret "Air America" plan to introduce Western-style drag racing to Afghanistan has suffered a few set-backs.

2. "We 'll photoshop out the quickie-mart for the layout in 'National Dragster.'"

1. "Now that's what I call a "top" gas dragster!"

Comment

Working...
                          X