Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Are You a Driver or a Crew Chief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Question of the Day: Are You a Driver or a Crew Chief?

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: Are You a Driver or a Crew Chief?

Crewchief first, driver second.....I gotta build and tune it before I can race it!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

When I was growing up I wanted to be Keith Black or George Bignotti (Foyt's crewchief).
      Driving is cool, but I liked the machinery.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I like wrenching and fab. Its kind of cliche, but I like making something out of cold hard steel.

Comment

I always enjoyed driving more than building/setup, though it's been so long I would probably now suck at both. :'(

Comment

Driver. It came easy for me. I got in a car and I could drive. I'm very detailed oriented and hyper sensitive to how a car drives. I learned how to wrench on my stuff from a lack of money standpoint. Although, I am more and more detailed oriented; I still lack the knowledge needed to be a good crew chief.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to be a driver. Of course I've never actually done it, probably suck at it, but all I have under my belt are a few test and tune drag strip passes, all of which sucked :P

Can't be much of a Crew Chief, cause I certainly don't make the most horsepower out of what I have.

One of these days I might be one or the other :P
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

step away from the pro's and most are both..

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'm both. And owner and sponsor and transporter driver and....

Although Stacey is team chef and keeper of the log book, weather station and dial-in figure-outer (but I have final approval) ;D
                  Time Wasters...
                  http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I also wear both hats but, I work cheap ;D

When Cam's old enough to drive, I will have no problem becoming Crew Chief till retirement.

Growing up driving big rigs and equipment since age 7 or so, I've never been afraid or intimidated to drive or operate anything, and I think that made me a better mechanic in some ways.
                    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

When I was helping my buddy with the NASCAR Modified, then later the Sprint car, I decided that I couldn't own a race car because of the money toilet they are; I couldn't drive because of the pressure to perform; and I couldn't crew chief because of the need to make snap decisions with limited information. I probably could do one or two of those thing with some measure of success, but I certainly wouldn't enjoy it.

I'm more of a crew member than either a driver or crew chief. Give me a wrench and tell me what to do with it, I'll enjoy that.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I was both. Now I am neither....

Announcers for the win!

;D

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Crew.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                            Crewchief first, driver second.....I gotta build and tune it before I can race it!
                            me too.

my dad and I attempting to work with each other in a rig revealed the value of a mechanic that understands, I ended up a mechanic. My dad still does not communicate well, when that bridge is built, of course it is a winner..

my lesson as being a driver more than a mechanic was a firnd named bill (RIP) who knew stuff I never knew existed. When I was going for a top speed run, he wanted nothing to do with driving.. but did want to know how it went, and made suggestions. This was two hillbilles and a junk chevy built in yard.

I still do both today, and fabricator.. it is hardly lonely, but having true friends as helpers is awesome.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                              x3

Comment

Working...
                              X