Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Are You a Driver or a Crew Chief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: Are You a Driver or a Crew Chief?

Driver...no question.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Driver for sure. I will always wonder how good I might have been if I'd made it to some pro level. As a kid I dreamed of NASCAR (before it sucked) and Formula One. I sometimes question my ability with a wrench in my hand, but I never question my ability with a steering wheel.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Crewed in Grand-Am Cup (now Continental Challenge), drove in Firehawk series ... I prefer to drive. ;D

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
          Announcers for the win!
          Did that too....
          Time Wasters...
          http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Driver

Comment

I have been both, but prefer to drive. I have yet to find anything in this world that can come close to driving a supercharged fuel burning car.

Comment

I have my own car but enjoy being the crew and tuning. Esp nitrous cars, they're fun but i think i'll get back to a blown car this next season and serve as apprentice (a 61yr old apprntice at that). Something about working on a car that can easily kill you just gets my nipples hard.
                A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo
                  Yeah, I guess I'm both. And owner and sponsor and transporter driver and....

Although Stacey is team chef and keeper of the log book, weather station and dial-in figure-outer (but I have final approval) ;D
                  Yeah, me too. Admittedly, lousy at both...but the only other member of the crew loves me ;D
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Pushing the broom back at the shop. :D
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I don't really care about driving all that much, unless it has to do with the "save." I love working on the car and having a good thrash. To me it's like a fist fight....2 heads and a rack, making it back to the lanes in 45 minutes, covered in 70wt and clutch dust with bloody hands. Now that's a "save." Reaching in to grab the reverser because the car won't back up. Sticking your hand down the scoop to push the butter flys back because it's idiling to high and the cable is stuck, (better push on the correct side!!!!) Fixing a leak while you have nitro spraying in your face...I could go on, but making a "save" is what it's all about. Those are the storys I'll remember for the rest of my life. I go away feeling like I just slapped a bear in the face and took his steak dinner away.
                      Figuring the track out when no one else can, or getting a handle on a car and knowing what it wants. Waking up in the middle of the night and saying "I got it!" Or not sleeping at all, working on it until the sun comes up and getting it just right..
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                      X