Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Junk Find: A 1970 Chevelle SS Wagon We're Selling a Kidney For

Re: Racing Junk Find: A 1970 Chevelle SS Wagon We're Selling a Kidney For

Not a bad price, that car dosent seem to need anything.

Comment

That's alot of great car for that money. Not diggin the giant cowl induction hood, but that could be fixed.
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I'm with 67Pete, not diggin' the goofy-stupid CI hood. The 80's-90's Camaro steering wheel isn't thrilling me, either. Other than that, I like it!

I've always loved wagons; Dad bought a '67 Ford Ranch Wagon w/ 4-bbl 390 back in '68-'69 that was gorgeous in med. blue! Body-color steelies and poverty caps with 70-series-equivalent bias-plies kept it looking smooth. Wish I had it today! *sigh*

Comment

I agree, that's a lot of car for the money and I could deal with the cowl induction hood, I would have brought the stripes across the roof and down the tailgate but that's just me. If it was a 66 Nova Wagon he wouldn't still own it and it would probably be sitting in my garage!

Comment

No doubt that I'm a fan of cool wagons! That is a very pretty one, but it DOES need more motor to justify that hood!

I'd love to get Scott Parkhurst's Chevelle wagon and Jim Hand's monster LeMans wagon together for a photoshoot with my Falcon wagon (and maybe some side-by-side dragstrip action, as well!). It looks like I may be able to go on Power Tour with my wagon this year, so who knows?!

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by L n L
              No doubt that I'm a fan of cool wagons! That is a very pretty one, but it DOES need more motor to justify that hood!

I'd love to get Scott Parkhurst's Chevelle wagon and Jim Hand's monster LeMans wagon together for a photoshoot with my Falcon wagon (and maybe some side-by-side dragstrip action, as well!). It looks like I may be able to go on Power Tour with my wagon this year, so who knows?!

Lee
              Not a big fan of that particular iteration of Falcon; yours, however is quite nice!

Comment

Hmm... I've got a spare, already astro blue, flat hood left over from my cowl hood conversion on my 70 coupe, always wanted just that car. How much is a quiet double roller timing chain and some gaskets? Might as well finish the exhaust with tailpipes..

Comment

Huh, heater core bypassed? Guess you don't need a heater in Arizona?

Comment

Originally posted by nxpress62
                    Hmm... I've got a spare, already astro blue, flat hood left over from my cowl hood conversion on my 70 coupe, always wanted just that car. How much is a quiet double roller timing chain and some gaskets? Might as well finish the exhaust with tailpipes..
                    Make the man an offer!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nice car, but the CI hood is too high for me, may have been cooler at , say 2.5". And I also agree with finishing the SS stripes over the roof and gate. All in all, pretty cool, and not all that many of these just lying around anymore. I am currently building a 67 Nova wagon 2 door conversion and am considering this same shade of blue with SS stripes across the hood, roof, and tailgate!

Comment

Working...
                      X