No announcement yet.

Awesome Craigslist Ad Find: A Hilariously Accurate Sales Pitch for a 1988 Yugo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Craigslist Ad Find: A Hilariously Accurate Sales Pitch for a 1988 Yugo

Re: Awesome Craigslist Ad Find: A Hilariously Accurate Sales Pitch for a 1988 Yugo

Hey, if you've always dreamed of living out your tv/movie fantasies in a Dukes of Hazzard General Lee or now a Green Hornet Imperial...but could never afford it...here's your chance to play Danny DeVito in a Drowning Mona Yugo. :D

Comment

Re: Awesome Craigslist Ad Find: A Hilariously Accurate Sales Pitch for a 1988 Yugo

okay, factoids
      the original designer for the Yugo was Fiat
      the Russians "borrowed" the design for their world-renown cars
      the Yugoslavians then borrowed the design from the Russians.... of course, when you're starting with cars that are tempermental italian cars, then add the incompetence of the Communists at 2 levels, the car is already gaining a lot of downhill momentum.

also, this guy wants $500 less than what it sold for new? his comedy is not worth the $1,999 addition to the value
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

For that kind of money you think he was selling a Yugo Sport Edition.
        I have heard tales of guys fine tuning those cars ,changing trannys, and making them dependable. Not Me.
        Nato doing something good, blowing up a Yugo factory and saving the driving world from misery.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
          Ha sport edition. That was the GVX. That's what I had. $2500 brand new!

I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My Dad was actually looking at buying one of these new. It would be the spare car, which would mean that I would have had to drive it the most. We even test drove it. Ugh. Thank goodness Dad has some car sense. We ended up buying a '77 Honda Accord hatchback with a whopping 83 hp and the two speed semi automatic.

It's located nearby if any of you have a secret fetish for one. PM me so you won't get berated publicly here.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

When the Falcon was a street car, I scarfed the 3rd brake light from a Yugo for use on the rear package shelf. Still have it, that part works great. It'll be worth billions on eBay some day. :D

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
                Ha sport edition. That was the GVX. That's what I had. $2500 brand new!

I love the looks of that car, it looks like its ready for the autocross or a rally. It just needs some ass pushing it.

Comment

Working...
                X