Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: What's Your Favorite Racing Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What's Your Favorite Racing Vehicle?

mystery motor

Comment

Comment

Like Spidey, my favorite is Smokey's 1966 Chevelle. ;D Great pics, btw!

Comment

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I love drag racing, really I do.

But when it comes to badass racecars, it's difficult for me to envision anything topping a sprint car. Screaming 750 hp smallblocks swilling alcohol through mechanical injectors. No flywheel, no clutch, no transmission. Huge rear tires, monster wings for incredible downforce. No fenders to bump (Big E would never have been successful in an open wheel car). Wheelstands from a 90mph roll.

What more could you ask for?

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle: Steve Johnson's extremely modified, 360 horsepower, Suzuki TL1000!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

This is definitely my favorite race car of all time, the Candies and Hughes '69 Barracuda fastback. I grew up in Houma, Louisiana and lived near Leonard Hughes. As a kid I thought that it was by far the coolest thing that I had ever seen. He would work on it under his carport, the chassis up on jackstands, the fiberglass body laying in the lawn, and the ramp truck parked in the ditch out in front of his house.

The next year they built a brand new shop in Houma, these pictures were taken there in April of 1970 when the Snake came to town. It was right after the Gatornationals when they won and took runner up, they still had both cars in their shop. They used to let us drop in and watch them work on the funny cars. In the middle picture that's Leonard Hughes standing next to the car talking to Prudhomme. In the second picture that's Paul Candies standing in the doorway.

Comment

Working...
                  X