• Show
Clear All

• SEMA Creates 50-State Tax and Title Tool Box

Re: SEMA Creates 50-State Tax and Title Tool Box

58 pages for Kalifornia, lord...

Comment

85 pages for Washington....

they missed something, though. In Washington you must get a signed (by the selling party) declaration of value of the vehicle - otherwise you will be at the mercy (and there is none) of the Licensing agent. Example, my 83 diesel truck I traded for my 81 SWB.... wanted to charge me 238 in taxes because I didn't originally have a certificate of trade.... but it gets better.
      my 1979 Fiat Spider - paid 300 for it. Had a bill of sale (handwritten) for that amount. Wasn't good enough, and they Agent wanted to charge me 750.00 tax because they valued my spider at 7500.00.... and don't bother arguing with them... otherwise you get to go to the valuation department in downtown seattle and argue with a pissy little guy who likes other guys about why your car is valued less..... oh yeah, and you have to take a notarized statement from a licensed mechanic of the cost of repairing the vehicle to bring it up to "standards."......

other then the tax bastards, Washington is actually quite reasonable in their title/vehicle requirements.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

maine is 27 pages of babble.

:

of course I have got a car that will go to 30 years, unknown category and treated like a modern one...

a big void missing there.

they even have "classic" as 16 to 26, a value of 5k or greater <- WTF idiot did that come from?
        antique autos are the only exempt from their original crazy exhaust, greater than 25 years old.. cannot use it as a daily driver...

a void missing indeed.

thought of how to fix it:

;D

the classic needs another label, like 25 years or greater, and leave antique status out of it...allowing daily drivers an identifiaction to say: "I am old, simply get out of the way."

freakin' maine.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Pa. is simple....84 PAGES !
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
          X