Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Video: A Helmet-Cam View of a Wheelstander Run

Re: Awesome Video: A Helmet-Cam View of a Wheelstander Run

How can something this glitchy be awesome?
    Raise your standards, guys - please?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

We must be watching two different videos. It was a high quality picture with decent sound -- looked cool to me! ;D

Comment

This is not then, a video of the 1500hp 1974 Corvette shown just below? Oh. ???

(Video quality is excellent BTW)

Comment

Good stuff: http://aussiebandit.com.au/footage.asp
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Sweet.

I have wondered about possible methods for steering a wheelie car, one idea was a mechanism that would connect rr brakes, left-and-right, to the steering wheel when the front suspension was unloaded (i.e. each rr brake would be on it's own master cylinder, both would activate equally from the brake pedal but steering shaft movement would activate one or the other via a mechanism that would engage only under a particular condition) . Tricky but possible... I'm guessing the car in the video had some such device. It didn't look like the driver's feet were doing anything.

Comment

Cool deal.... still have a wheel stander in the back of my mind... in the endless vault of mechanical mayhem.
              I think the left right left stuff on the butterfly wheel is just habit... only works with front wheels down.
              Looked to me like there were two cutter brake handles to his right when crew guy opened the door.
              Each handle is connected to a seperate master and individual rear brake.
              Drag left brake she will turn left...drag right...right pivot turn....
              Levers are close enough together to be operated with one hand.
              The coupled steering idea sounds really neat though....

Comment

Yeah I must've been daydreaming through portions of that. There is clearly a two-lever device off to the right, with his hand on it throughout the run.

Comment

Working...
                X