Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Bangin' Video: Steve Clukey Pulls Levers and Adjusts the Rear View At 140mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Bangin' Video: Steve Clukey Pulls Levers and Adjusts the Rear View At 140mph

Re: Gear Bangin' Video: Steve Clukey Pulls Levers and Adjusts the Rear View At 140mph

He needs to tighten the screw ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Re: Gear Bangin' Video: Steve Clukey Pulls Levers and Adjusts the Rear View At 140mph

I'm always amazed at how many bracket racers don't run a rear view mirror, or if they do, don't run a multi-panel Wink mirror. (http://www.amazon.com/Wink-5-Panel-P...tag=dogpile-20)

How many times on "Pinks:All Out" have you seen some racer turning their head at speed to find an opponent? That seems like a poor idea at triple-digit speeds.

A Wink doesn't weigh that much and I've never seen any drag racing rules that ban rear view mirrors (that stupid rule is mostly confined to dirt track racing). And a Wink provides something like 170-degrees of rear and side vision.

There's got to be some logical reason why somebody would spend $6,000 on a transmission and who knows how much on an engine, but not spend $20 on a decent rear view mirror.

Let the snarking begin . . . .

Comment

Not really snarky, but launch and land your car like that and see if the mirror stays put. Also, if you're as uncoordinated as I am, you probably bumped it with your helmet when you climbed in the car..

Comment

Big Daddy had mirrors on his first rear engine dragster.

Comment

Sweet Duster there.Buddy of mines left side blinker comes on after the 1-2 shift ;D

Comment

First time I ran slicks on my old 70 Mustang at the track, while pulling a 1.62 60fter, the center rearview mirror flew off the mount and hit me in the arm, scared the ba-jeez out of me lol

That Dust-ah is a scream-ah! (as said by our fearless leader)
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Check out the rest of that guy's videos. Makes me want to go out and race right now.

Comment

neat videos!!!
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Must be a Duster thing, mine doesn't pull the wheels quite as high or is quite as fast but my rearview always flops back also !
                    This is so cool to watch at the track, badaz small block , stick, it screams, sounds so awesome !

Comment

Working...
                    X