Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll Question: Did You Watch the Barrett Jackson Auction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll Question: Did You Watch the Barrett Jackson Auction?

Re: BangShift Poll Question: Did You Watch the Barrett Jackson Auction?

I did watch about 10 minutes of it. I'm shocked.

I was surfing the hamb, and there were a few posts about the atomic punk at the top of the forum, so I was curious how it was going, and discovered it was about to go across the block. I saw the link and watched it on speed.

Just out of curiousity, you know...like rubbernecking at an accident or something....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I watched a bunch of it from Tuesday on through the week. I was at a get together on Saturday night and watched some with group of friends...fun stuff.
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I watched 38 of the 40 hours, should I be ashamed of myself? :-[. I simply see BJ as a huge car show full of stuff that I'll never be able to afford. The thing that does piss me off are the guys that buy cars simply as an investment and without any kind of love or passion for a particular car.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

The tv was playing the auction in the background while I was doing other stuff. Probably heard about 75% of it. Sometimes I looked up if the description of the "lot" sounded interesting.

"Magneto" was rocking it (as usual).

Way too many commercials.

As usual, I'm amazed at the prices some buyers will pay for fairly ordinary, easily-duplicated stuff (Chevy-powered street rods, garden-variety customs, clones, "catalog cars").

The best deal of the auction? There weren't too many that stand out, but I was shocked that Ken Thompson's Falcon only brought about 70 grand. Just try to clone it for that. I guess it was too weird.

Not surprised the AWB Hemi faltered below $100,000.

What did the Atomic Punk bring? I missed the hammer on that one.

Comment

commercials? I guess you must be paying for satellite or cable, if you also have to watch commercials. I watched the little bit I saw on the internet, maybe I timed it right, or maybe the 3 feeds they had didn't all show the commercials?

AP went for 65k. A lot of money for a funny looking car, but I guess one of two people thought it was worth that much.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

watched when i could, probably around 15-20hrs. tried the fantasy bidding which i sucked at..
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

fantasy bidding only works if you're as crazy as the actual bidders
                My fabulous web page

Comment

I watched it pretty much everyday. Good clean fun I say.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Yeah......watched it some Saturday night......stayed up to
                    see what the Atomic Punk went for.

Watch little more Sunday before football came on.

Reality tv with cars......and people with money
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Like, Speedy, I listened more than watched. Speeded through the butt load of commercial breaks.

There were no million dollar cars this year, but there was a larger percentage of cars that made six figure sales. It definitely shows that land yacht American convertibles from the late '50's bring big money.

The copper colored Hemi Belvedere that went Saturday night for less than $75,000 had me drooling.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I didn't watch it, but only because where I live at school recently switched cable providers and I don't get speed anymore. Not such a big loss with their more recent programming. Usually I would watch during the commercials of other programs though.

Comment

I watch it every year. I recorded the show daily, then just looked up the lot numbers of the cars that I wanted to see and would run through the recordings and watch those cars. I also did pretty decent on the few Fantasy Bids that I participated in, got one of them dead on the money, but since I wasn't the first bidder to enter the number, I didn't win anything. Still alot of fun though.

Comment

I caught a few hours on friday and saturday. As usual, I found whatever Mike Joy or Steve Magente had to say interesting and insitefull, then Matt Stone would chime in and ruin it for me.

450K for the first new BOSS 302, not sure who bought it but, seems it would fit Ron Prait's taste.
                            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                              450K for the first new BOSS 302 . . . .
                              It was about $60,000 for the car and $390,000 for the charitable tax deduction.

Comment

Working...
                              X