Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Wheelstand Video: A Fiat-Bodied Altered Gets All Four Tires Off the Ground In Super Slo-Mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Wheelstand Video: A Fiat-Bodied Altered Gets All Four Tires Off the Ground In Super Slo-Mo

Re: Awesome Wheelstand Video: A Fiat-Bodied Altered Gets All Four Tires Off the Ground In Super Slo-

Bent frame?
    Bent axle?
    Crunched oilpan?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Awesome Wheelstand Video: A Fiat-Bodied Altered Gets All Four Tires Off the Ground In Super Slo-

I'm thinking its easier to list was isn't bent or broken!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I've seen this sort of thing happen before, particularly at tracks here in Western Canada. Let me tell you, if you've seen it once, you never forget it. It's dangerous, heartbreaking and expensive. It's destroyed more vintage race cars than anything else I can think of at the moment. It's obvious what this fellow's problem is.

Not enough advertising decals. Modern racing cars have them, are much safer and more reliable.

:-*

Comment

Must be a Fiat thing we have one of those too!! :D

Comment

Title could be."Jeff McConnell goes to Santa Pod" ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Just heard from a friend that my video made it on here. Iam Mark Bishop the owner and driver of the altered in the video and thought id let let you in on some of the details.....

It happened at The Easter Thunderball @ Santa Pod in April 2009 and was on my second qualifying pass of the season. We had stepped up over the winter from running a pretty stock 460ci Ford (running low 10's) and then upgraded to a 521ci Ford with Super Cobra jet heads. To say we were now making more power was fully justified on that run/lauch.
              I stepped out of the car fine, but unfortunately the altered had to be front halved, new front wheels and a new Timing Chain cover. It cost about ?4000 to get back up and running, oh and we also had some wheelie bars made for it aswell.
              We then made our comeback at the European Finals @ Santa Pod in September 2009. We then managed to smash our PB with an 8.41 ET @ 155 mph. Since then we haven't run at all due to lack of finances and the arrival of our daughter, although we do aim to run at the Dragstalgia event @ Santa Pod in July this year.

You can find out more about the car at www.vegashustleracing.co.uk

Also there is a real time video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjqDN-lCt34

Comment

I remember seeing it from "bank side"... Thats a good video as i can now see all of what went on.
                Gotta love the Altereds!!

Comment

Working...
                X