Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: The New Greatest Engine Explosion Footage Ever

Re: Video: The New Greatest Engine Explosion Footage Ever

Unbelievable. Can you imagine? "Oh, I've gotta apply the brakes, because I'm gonna run over my BLOCK."

Glad it didn't land on anyone.

Comment

Gotta be all sorts of "head" jokes here. "I really lost my head at the tractor pulls" or "I tried just a bit too hard to get a head" - stuff like that (looks like the head and block separated in the aftermath pics). Guessing they needed bigger bolts all around.

Dan

Comment

THAT is incredible.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          Gotta be all sorts of "head" jokes here. "I really lost my head at the tractor pulls" or "I tried just a bit too hard to get a head" - stuff like that (looks like the head and block separated in the aftermath pics). Guessing they needed bigger bolts all around.Dan
          Dan,

Take a closer look at the damage:

It appears the block split, rather than the head detatching from the block. Regardless, the carnage is incredible!

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

wow.

to see that it is a deck split, this means any engine, any design, even a full wrapped boxer... could do something like it in same bad circumstance.

still a vote for solid decks after seeing this...and the sleeve bottoms, as if barely attached. what is up with that? they are all clean broke away...

is that the error?
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

And if you look closely you can see what used to be the cables that went around the engine to try to keep it "contained".

The Dt series IH engines are known for having puppies in the cam bearing area.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                wow.

to see that it is a deck split, this means any engine, any design, even a full wrapped boxer... could do something like it in same bad circumstance.

still a vote for solid decks after seeing this...and the sleeve bottoms, as if barely attached. what is up with that? they are all clean broke away...

is that the error?
                No, they are wet sleeves. No error there.

Comment

I take extreme but completely unmerited pride in the fact that this explosion comes your way via the Netherlands. I happened to have been born there you see..... It seems they really DO try awfully hard to win...

Here's the European Maid explosion everyone refers to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEFCy4k8Apw also a Dutch machine. That was in 2008

Here's another explosion in 2009, same tractor but less violence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpPX8R7Jle4

Finally, an overview of the sport, by a Dutch TV program, in English. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Faqj7haLo

Oh yes and remember that 24v-71 detroit with the fake blower setup a few days ago? Here's a real, 42 cylinder radial 10000 hp pulling tractor. One engine. (not running that well in this video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3iyOvLXxF0 and running a LOT better in this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWGhgkd2Ss I think he's from Germany

Comment

I just have to wonder, how hard was the percussion wave that eminated when the block said "F this!"?
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It really isn't much of an engine failure unless you can bounce it off the ceiling. Great job there and he's real lucky that didn't land in his lap.

Comment

MSN has this video posted on thier home page this evening, and how long has it been floating around the BS site already LOL
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

It was here first.

Next day Autoblog ran it with credit to us.

Next day Jalopnik ran it with credit to us.

MSN ran it with credit to no one.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            It was here first.

Next day Autoblog ran it with credit to us.

Next day Jalopnik ran it with credit to us.

MSN ran it with credit to no one.

Brian
                            And now on PHR.com. Bangshift credited for the find of course! ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X