Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Is This Honda Cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: Is This Honda Cool?

Originally posted by Remy-Z
    Legitimately fast Honda. Ok, you've got my respect. I am curious about the build cost though.
    you can pick up ef, eg and ek civic shells anywhere from $200-up, you can pick up dohc vtec b-series motors (which is the most popular honda engine) from $500-up with transmissions, you can pick up H-series motors (the big block of hondas :D) for not much more and k-series can be expensive but you can piece together one for pretty cheap ($600-1000) then swap mounts are usually a couple hundred bucks. a completely stock H22a or k20z3 motor in a civic will run low 13's and a few simple bolt-ons will get it into the 12's, and you can get stock bottom-end naturally aspirated H and K series into the low 11's with head work/ cams etc. B-series can be made fast too, but it usually takes more work because of the smaller displacement (1.6, 1.8 ) or you can put a VTEC head on a B20 bottom end to make a 2.0 B-series, B20 bottom ends can be bought for a couple hundred bucks.

they can be built somewhat cheap or you can dump a bunch of money into them just like v8 cars.
    but they can be made to go fast for cheap despite what all the old-school v8 guys think :D

honda crx with a K24 that runs 11.40's naturally aspirated. ;D

all motor k24. stock tsx bottom end. at bradenton motorsports park florida.

and a crx with a turbocharged B18 that outruns a lamborghini murcielago

Comment

i hate hondas...nothing cool about them...wouldnt care if it ran 6s and shot fairy dust out of its fart can
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

The sound is really the turn off for me. However, that Bisimotor wagon didn't sound too bad. I still like American stuff, but 9's are 9's. That's pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
          i hate hondas...nothing cool about them...wouldnt care if it ran 6s and shot fairy dust out of its fart can
          then why look at a post about hondas? do we have a secret honda lover here?

and ya, making over 7whp per ci isnt cool at all :

Comment

Working...
          X