Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Is This Honda Cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Question of the Day: Is This Honda Cool?

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: Is This Honda Cool?

I have seen some impressive Honda's at the track. But they always oil down the track. Every impressive one I have seen at the beginning of the night, almost always OILS DOWN THE TRACK when it blows. Keeping it together would impress me more than the fire.

Comment

Fast is fast. If it happens to be a Honda, then so be it. What I typically can't stand about the import crowd are the poseurs. This thing, however, seems to be legit fast.

Comment

It's impressive, but IMO, it has too much junk hanging off the front to make it cool. If it were more of a sleeper look, or heck, keep it behind the bumper it'd certainly be cooler.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

For the record, he has yet to oil down the track. As well, the body is not yet complete. The front bumper he ordered for it did not fit, and they are working on modifying it to fit and then everything will be covered up up front. ;D I have never been an import guy, but definitely have respect for imports like this one!

Comment

It may be quick but it is just to ugly to be cool.

Comment

Cool.
              But would be way cooler driving backwards (driven wheels on the correct side) into the 7 secs.
              www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Speed factor impressive. Look like a lot work has went into it. The 2 things that turn me off are FWD and Jap mobile. Never liked ricers or the import crowd.
                It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Not my thing, but a front wheel drive car in the 9's certainly has my respect.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'd say his budget would be the deciding factor for me. If he's dumped more into it than a comparable RWD that posts the same numbers with more cubes and slightly more style, then no. If he's running 9's on less than a few thousand, then yes.

Comment

Of course it's not cool. Heck I can see FLAMES whooshing out of it's open exhaust. ;)

"Cool" is a relative term. Most racing hardware isn't "cool" by one criteria or another. In fact, most racing hardware is brutish, nasty, overly expensive, and mile for mile, about as unreliable as it gets. The more money you spend, the faster you go and the louder the bang when you make a slight mistake adjusting the timing. I mean really, think of how many miles a dragster goes before something goes wrong with it. How many miles the average Saturday night stock car warrior goes before that engine drops a rod, the rear end falls out or some other expensive calamity hits.

None of these things are really all that cool, unless you happen to be watching from the stands and enjoy the schadenfreude. (German word for "Joy at the misfortunes of others.")

But... since we who enjoy this forum have a different standard of what's "cool" and fun as compared to the average Joe Public, then yes, this car is very cool indeed. It's been cook-booked together to perform, and apparently it does without regard for aesthetics. A mechanical rat rod if you will.

I like it very much.

Comment

the next poll should be "how many people here make more power per cube than this turbo honda"

I think it's way cool. To me, trying to go faster is a heluva lot more interesting than trying to look shinier.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

cool it is, will be cooler when all it's junk is covered up imho. One question though and I'm not trying to be an ass, just wondering. How long would that little motor live running 9's compared to a 9 second V8?
                          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
                            cool it is, will be cooler when all it's junk is covered up imho. One question though and I'm not trying to be an ass, just wondering. How long would that little motor live running 9's compared to a 9 second V8?
                            id say that depends more on the owner/tuner/builder of the car than the amount of cylinders it has, but as long as you know what youre doing they last just as long. there are actually naturally aspirated honda's running this fast.

the guy who holds the naturally aspirated FWD record is bisi ezerioha, he has a naturally aspirated honda insight that has run a 9.36 at over 150mph. he also owns a civic wagovan with a sohc 1.6 that makes 724whp ;D

Our impromptu, yet detailed look at Bisimoto's 700 wheel horsepower 1990 Honda Civic Turbo Wagovan, which is powered by a D16Z engine and a huge Turbonetics ...

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                            I think it's way cool. To me, trying to go faster is a heluva lot more interesting than trying to look shinier.
                            ^this

i love hondas and would love to own an eg hatch or crx with a built n/a H22 or k24/k20 someday ;D

Comment

Legitimately fast Honda. Ok, you've got my respect. I am curious about the build cost though.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X