Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Single Greatest Photo Ever: Vangina

Re: The Single Greatest Photo Ever: Vangina

I don't remember that part of Forest Gump.

Comment

Is it just me, or is the stuff you guys are posting in the blog getting stupider & stupider?
      Raise your standards.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'd SOOOOO rock that van!..........get it?
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
          Is it just me, or is the stuff you guys are posting in the blog getting stupider & stupider?
          Raise your standards.
          Switch to decaf, maybe then you'll loosen up and remember how to have fun.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Raise your standards.
            Never miss a good chance to shut up!

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

At this rate, I'm guessing it's just you :P
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Well, I see it has an interesting name, but what sort of a van is it really? A chevy of course, but... it's got off-road lights, but those tires, they're hardly super swampers on those rims. It's got a raised front end, but... it's not really a dragster. The CB whip was mandatory back then, as was the gold leaf lettering, hand painted outlines of course, by someone with talent. I like the straight axle front end, but they didn't do much for handling when raised up did they? I'll bet there's a bed in the back. In fact I'm almost willing to bet money.
                This is exactly the sort of van I needed back in 1983-84 when I could have made the best use of it... In Grade 12.

Then of course there's the name. What a name. A name absolutely guaranteed to give the parents of any girl being picked up by driver of aforementioned van a practical heart attack. I can imagine the conversation:

"Harold, Harold! You have to come quickly and see this!"
                "What dear What is it?"
                "Harold LOOK at that van. LOOK at what's written on the side! Emily said she was going to the movies with her friends..."
                "I'll get my gun."
                "HAROLD!"
                ;D

Comment

Imagine picking your kids up from school in that .
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Switch to decaf, maybe then you'll loosen up and remember how to have fun.
                    I stand by my assertion.
                    This photo was presented as the "single greatest photo ever".
                    I expected something really good - a knockout of a pic.
                    Instead, I get a van with a stupid word on the side.
                    Come on, man - that is soooo lame.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Gotta agree with Studemax. Funny? Yeah. Entertaining? Yeah. Single Greatest Photo Ever? No.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

lol! bad ass! ;D

Comment

Some of you guys need to lighten up, and try to imagine the context this was written in. Here is a tiny clue in the text you might have missed:

Clearly, this man knew how to party back in the day.
                          At the end of a hard day about the time beer #2 gets cracked, for people who may find old photos of the nutty stuff that went on "back in the day"amusing, this may indeed be the greatest photo ever. 10 a.m. at the office, or if you missed removing some sharp object sitting on your chair before you got to it, then no.

You're just lucky that the guy in the photo is wearing clothes. He may not actually be wearing pants.

Crazy stuff went on back in the early days of the van thing, before they were all being purchased pre-customized off dealer lots. The lifted straight axle w/ too-wide tires and drum brakes, the Hooker decal and "Vangina" logo totally not working together...that stuff was so far out once, and there surely was some stoned chick in the back or would soon be. You can tell by the look on the guy's face, he is at the top of his game there. Have a chuckle over it. ;) :D And wonder, is he now at this moment standing on a street corner with a "gimme money/God bless" sign, or sitting at a desk as the head of some aftermarket performance parts company? :D

Comment

I stand by my assertion.
                            This photo was presented as the "single greatest photo ever".
                            I expected something really good - a knockout of a pic.
                            Instead, I get a van with a stupid word on the side.
                            Come on, man - that is soooo lame.
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z
                            Gotta agree with Studemax. Funny? Yeah. Entertaining? Yeah. Single Greatest Photo Ever? No.

hyperbole

hy-per-bo-le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/  Show Spelled
                            [hahy-pur-buh-lee]

noun Rhetoric .
                            1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
                            2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as ?to wait an eternity.?

Sigh...I'll go one record saying its one my favorite photos I ever found on the internet...makes me smile everytime a look at it...

Whatever...
                            Time Wasters...
                            http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I don't know but I'm thinking this thing should be painted pink.

Comment

Working...
                              X