Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreckage Video: Two Cars Tangle Badly at the Top End of the Strip

Re: Wreckage Video: Two Cars Tangle Badly at the Top End of the Strip

Well, that Armco barrier had already seen better days - the posts looked rotten to me.
    Who is to say that the wreck might have been worse if there had been guardrails down there?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Wreckage Video: Two Cars Tangle Badly at the Top End of the Strip

Tommy Adams was a close friend of mine. Believe it or not, he reused the chassis and built a brand new 708 motor complete with a Studebaker body. Sadly, he never has driven again, and I now believe he sold off the car to pay for his medical bills. He was in great health before this wreck, and hasn't been the same since. He now suffers a myriad of problems, and can not run his machine shop which was his livelyhood and allowed him to continue racing. While I never witnessed him racing, my uncle was his principle crewman and mechanic for a few years. That is him in the video right at the beginning looking into the passenger door.

Edit...

Just read the Youtube caption and realized that Tommy has passed on. I moved out of state last year and have not kept up with anyone from back home. I am sad that I had to hear about his passing on the internet....

Comment

Working...
      X