Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Devil's Shingle: Proof BangShifters Have Been Around for Centuries

Re: The Devil's Shingle: Proof BangShifters Have Been Around for Centuries

The Alpine Slide at Winter Park scares the bejeezus out of me sometimes ..... I can't imagine those trips down a mountain!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That is awesome. Sign me up!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Think you could ride that six down a mountain Randal?
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Oh yeah, then fire it up and do a hill climb with it!

Comment

Hell, sign me up too. I'll make a sled that's rideable.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I have home movies from my father of the cog railroad with the train running pretty neat the sleds CRAZY!!! but kool

Comment

What dawns on me after reading this story is, that at the time, these may have been the fastest men on earth!

I wonder what OHSA would have thought about this tom-foolery on the work site?
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                  What dawns on me after reading this story is, that at the time, these may have been the fastest men on earth!
                  As mind blowing as that sounds, you may be right!! I can't think of any other method some one could of gone faster. Even bridge jumping wouldn't allow enough time to hit terminal velocity, or at least live afterwards to do it again.

Comment

Cool story. My wife and I road the cog this summer on the old steamer they take every now and then. Let me say this.. It makes the roads in Detroit feel like glass. I put the window down because the kid next to us crapped his pants an hot coals blowing out of the stack started flying in the window. He'll I didn't mind I just wanted some fresh air and some singed clothing was worth it. It took some hard work to build that railway and sliding down it to your death would at least contain the positive notion you'd get the next day off work.
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Located in Pinkham Notch, NH, the Mt. Washington Hillclimb, known as the Climb to the Clouds, was first run in 1904 and is one of America’s oldest motorsports events. In 2011 the Climb to the Clouds will return after a 10 year hiatus to help celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Mt. Washington Auto Road. The 7.6 mile Mt. Washington Auto Road is one of the ultimate challenges for driver and automobile, the serpentine tarmac and gravel road is lined with trees and dramatic drop-offs as it winds its way to the 6,288 foot summit of the Northeast’s tallest peak.

I'll be there, (hopefully) anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                      X