Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Builder and Muncie Dragway Operator Dave Himes Passes Away

Re: Engine Builder and Muncie Dragway Operator Dave Himes Passes Away

Heard the sad news a few days ago. He definitely put a lot of effort into the track. All the best to his family.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm
      Heard the sad news a few days ago. He definitely put a lot of effort into the track. All the best to his family.

Ditto that Sean, How very sad.
      I spent a great many weekends down at the Muncie Dragway. What an awesome place to be back in the days of my youth in the 70's and 80's. Then to see my son run and have a ball there in 2002-2004as well was very cool.

The track had run down quite a bit whenever Id pass on Hwy 67 and I worried it would close for good, and it was very sad till I saw what Mr. Himes was doing there these last few years and I was very happy to see the old gal once again become the jewel she once was.You could see his pride of the place shining thru without a doubt.

My hats off to you Dave,THANK YOU SO MUCH and May you rest in peace. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to his wife and children during this tough tough time for them. My prayers are with you all.

The Muncie Dragway will ALWAYS hold a VERY special place in myown heart and I sincerley hope that with all Dave had done that the "Tree" stays lit as a lasting legacy for him for a very long time into the future.

Randy
      Geneva,IN

Comment

may he rest in peace
        if you suspect you are diabetic , please get it checked out

Comment

Working...
        X