Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Poll Question: Did Chrysler's Detroit-Themed Super Bowl Ad Kick Ass or Fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Poll Question: Did Chrysler's Detroit-Themed Super Bowl Ad Kick Ass or Fail?

Re: Video Poll Question: Did Chrysler's Detroit-Themed Super Bowl Ad Kick Ass or Fail?

Lame, Eminem selling cars?

Must be even harder times in the Music industry than we all thought.

A fake "thug" tuff guy from the Motor City, OMG, Yo yo yo, my man.

A waste of money for the new Chrysler!

Comment

Re: Video Poll Question: Did Chrysler's Detroit-Themed Super Bowl Ad Kick Ass or Fail?

Being from the Detroit area, I have a horse in this race. While I'm not sure the ad will sell many cars it is really a proverbial shot in the arm for Detroit - and they need it! There are still a lot of cool things in the city and I hope it helps bring people back downtown. The Fox Theater shown in the ad is MAGNIFiCENT and was brought back to life by Mike Illich (Little Caesar's).

So - good on Chrysler. I hope the car is as good as the ad.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Podium Finish

no doubt.

hell and back.. thats hilarious. masocist in the closet rapper guy with the in your face attitude.

if they were so tough, how did 3 foot tall asian take it over. Too much profit for people who did not know what to dow ith it.. get the low lifes out and a defenders in.. they ain't singing rap songs.

allow me to weld that for you.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main

no doubt.

hell and back.. thats hilarious. masocist in the closet rapper guy with the in your face attitude.

if they were so tough, how did 3 foot tall asian take it over. Too much profit for people who did not know what to dow ith it.. get the low lifes out and a defenders in..
          Neither of you obviously know shit about Eminem or his music. He doesn't rap about drugs, or killing people, or anything else you probably think... You may not like the music, but guess what? a few tens of million other people do (not me either, but I don't talk shit about him).

I thought it was a good commercial, as Dan says, a nice pump up for Detroit. The city HAS been through hell and back, and I think it's cool that Chrysler chose to spend their marketing dollars by pumping up Detroit - not just Chrysler, butall the manufacturers from there. Chevy should send them a check for that - or they should take a lesson from Chrysler's marketing department.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Before this gets locked...

The ad is perfect. You can criticize the choice of Eminem to represent "the voice of Detroit", but he's one of the artists who has championed the city, is proud of the city and unabashedly stood by the city. My own opinion, he was perfect. Your opinion of his music is your own, but if you are basing your opinion on his first two CD's, take a look at his latest.

I've seen both the 200 and the revamped Avenger, as well as the new Charger, in person. The interiors alone are stunning, I hope a lot of the other issues are resolved with them too.

Was the ad a success? Yes, it has people talking. Yes, because it caught people with a message that was dramatically different than the other ads for the Super Bowl. Yes, because of the controversy.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It was a good ad, no doubt. But perhaps too much Detroit and not enough Chrysler 200. I haven't heard anything about it, nor seen it previously. So after watching the ad I know that their new car is from Detroit, is sleek and bland looking, and is apparently a luxury car (because they said the word "luxury" about 10 times.) (But in reading the headlines about the ad, not the car, I read that it is a replacement for the Sebring, which was NOT a luxury car.)
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Not a fan of Eminem, or really of the new 200, but the ad was a total win in my opinion. Frankly, I think it was honest and dignified, and sort of tells a story of a unique American city in 2 minutes. Pretty cool in my books.

Comment

I liked it. Its about time we stand up and take a little pride in our country and in our cities. Way too much America-bashing has taken place in the past, and most of the damage was self-inflicted.

The only way back is to lace our work boots back up, stand up straight, and get back at it. This ad captured that essence in my opinion. Well done Chrysler.

(Marshall has changed his tune significantly as well. I also like where he is headed now, I didn't exactly feel that in the past....)
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

So, you think Mathers drives a Mercedes, a Bently or a Chrysler 200 in the real world?

Comment

There are virtually no packers left in Green Bay and Pittsburgh lost its steel industry, now we have vanilla ice 2.0 selling Chrysler and driving around Detroit, one of the most spectacular architectural cities in the USA that's currently semi abandoned.

The 200 is being assembled in Sterling Heights, Mich, but where are the parts being made?

Comment

So, you think Mathers drives a Mercedes, a Bently or a Chrysler 200 in the real world?
                        Ran into him once in Burbank: he was driving a Jag and pulled into a grocery store. My girlfriend at the time, classic midwestern white chick, points and shouts "Look! it's the Real Slim Shady!!"

He was very polite. Was picking up some fresh fruit with his body guard in tow, and said they were working down the street at a recording studio with Dr. Dre producing. I swear if we'd have had the time to follow him, he sounded like he'd have let us tag along. Very down to earth, and appreciative. I never got into his music but the guy is cool, and works his ass off - and Dr. Dre is one of the best recording engineers/producers of our time, bar no one. I'd give an appendage or two to check out Dre in action. Bet most people didn't know that ALL of his work is recorded on analog tape? NO DIGITAL. That's like being an award winning photographer and only working with 35mm film. Where is the Bow Down smiley??

-Scott
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by ollie
                          The 200 is being assembled in Sterling Heights, Mich, but where are the parts being made?
                          Probably the same place Harley Davidson has all their parts cast also. And where Snap On and Craftsman have their tools made.

Comment

With Unabashed Dee-troit pride, I love it!

Comment

He likely drives whatever he feels like at the moment. Bought and paid for with money he earned. I'm not an Eminem fan, but I respect that he did something with himself, and isn't on the public tit.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X