Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay Find: An Obnoxious (and 100-percent BangShift Approved) Straight Axle 1964 GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: An Obnoxious (and 100-percent BangShift Approved) Straight Axle 1964 GTO

Re: eBay Find: An Obnoxious (and 100-percent BangShift Approved) Straight Axle 1964 GTO

Ran 8.90.. Right...

Comment

Re: eBay Find: An Obnoxious (and 100-percent BangShift Approved) Straight Axle 1964 GTO

How could anything so obviously wrong on so many levels be so right?...

Comment

^^^same question I asked when I saw it!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

This is undoubtedly the Barney of all GTOs It's even the correct color.

Comment

Back around 1980 a buddy and I drove to California in his 64 Corvette from Vancouver BC. I had read of this cruise-in spot, I think in CC magazine, in some town that had a bit of a car gathering each Friday (?) night. So I forced my buddy to drive to this place. We got there and there were some cool cars but nothing to rock your world, except.... Suddenly I spot THIS 64 GTO. It was the most radical car there by far, but was also the most out of this world BEAST I had ever seen. A hardly get a look at the thing before the owner hops in with his girlfriend and another couple who pile into the back seat. Four people in the car. He starts this massive BB Chevy with a 6-71 perched on top. The thing is awe inspiring, but starts like a grocery getter. It's so smooth yet rad at the same time. The tires on the back are the biggest I had ever seen. The thing is retro but ahead of its time all at once. So he's exiting and before he reaches the street he blips the throttle and barks those huge meats in the parking lot. That's with four people in the car! The response is instantaneous. He then pulls out on the the street slowly and then gets into it. Freaking awesome! It left such an impression on me. Anyway, I am positive that this is the same car. I'd trade my project 55 Chev straight axle Gasser for this, that's how cool this car is to me, but he wants no trades, and the auction has expired. Does anyone know how to contact this guy???

Comment

So , I am the owner of this GTO . I agree the purple is a little 90's but hey , that is when it was applied . I had always hoped for it to be Black . Anyway , to mrocketscience , maybe you should get your faq's straight before you make comments . I have the video and time slips to prove this . The car ran consistant low 9's through the mufflers on slicks .It went into the high eights a few times . The best was an 8.93 @ 157 at Infineon raceway on slicks through the mufflers . The car has the cert on the cage and was race in Bakersfield ,Sacramento and Infineon . It had a Blown 540 on Alky and I drove it on the street on a regular basis . So , mrocketscience , keep your comments to yourself if they have no backing like the one you made . To everyone else , thanks for the nice comments . She was a fun car but time to move on for me . A Pontiac motor and a different color would be good choices for the car .

Comment

Originally posted by Eyebrnr
                So , I am the owner of this GTO . I agree the purple is a little 90's but hey , that is when it was applied . I had always hoped for it to be Black . Anyway , to mrocketscience , maybe you should get your faq's straight before you make comments . I have the video and time slips to prove this . The car ran consistant low 9's through the mufflers on slicks .It went into the high eights a few times . The best was an 8.93 @ 157 at Infineon raceway on slicks through the mufflers . The car has the cert on the cage and was race in Bakersfield ,Sacramento and Infineon . It had a Blown 540 on Alky and I drove it on the street on a regular basis . So , mrocketscience , keep your comments to yourself if they have no backing like the one you made . To everyone else , thanks for the nice comments . She was a fun car but time to move on for me . A Pontiac motor and a different color would be good choices for the car .
                I see no reason to doubt this, the math works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyebrnr
                  Ok, didn't intend to get you all wound up. Iv'e been around drag racing since 1960, and I've raced for 30 years. I'm just saying I've never seen a car jacked up that high front and back run that fast. You must be the exeption. Carry on then....

Comment

Not wound up at all . Just wanted to clear it up . You know as well as I when people advertise things , they seem to make stuff up . Every car run's in the 8's , every SBC is a Corvette Motor ,Every motor makes over a 1000hp ,every boats goes over 100mph Etc . The roof of my car is only at 5'4" so it looks taller than it is . The crankshaft center line needed to be below 24" to run the car . I also had to jump through all the other loops like window net , seat support , blower restraints etc . I think some rules are called for and some are not . When I went to the track I would go through tech fairly easily , then make my first pass and I always seemed to have a tech guy in my pit when I got back . I think everyone thought it was a 11 to 12 sec car . The car was never intended to be as fast as it was . I just stumbled onto a combo that worked . I do miss racing . Take care all, Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X