X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friday Fail Poll: Dodge Introduces the Caravan R/T

R/T = Rocking the Toupee!

:D

Give me a black one with tinted windows, lower stance and a sedative for my wife.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
      Originally posted by moparmaniac07
      I don't see what the big deal is about the R/T badge. Drivetrain aside, it's got a better handling ride than the other minivans. The badge means it should run faster lap times than the other vans, if anyone was so inclined to actually race one, and probably does. That's what the badge is for, to designate it from the lower performing versions of the same model. Calling it a "man van", that's just marketing. I don't think they're really turning off anyone who would actually buy one anyway, just making it cooler than a Toyota.
      Would I buy one? Maybe someday, but I can think of cooler family haulers if I needed one.
      It's the fact that they are trying to tell me it's cool when it so obviously isn't. It's just sad.
      I'm fairly broad minded when it comes to cars, but one thing I despise is taking the names of great Musclecars and slapping them on some turd. Think of the 4 cylinder Nova's, Chargers, Daytona's, etc... This falls under that category.
      Always had an issue with the Daytona Rams too.

Maybe it's a generational thing. I wasn't around when the musclecars came out new, so I don't remember the R/Ts being the best of the best, especially with all the engine swaps done and other performance modifications making any base model as fast or faster. The R/T badge to me just designates it as a better performer. It was put on aspens, volares, neons and spirits. That's the R/T I know. I'm still going to ignore whatever the marketing department trys to do, with any vehicle. I'm just taking it for what it is, the best performing minivan in their lineup.

Originally posted by Remy-Z
      The day I see a Caravan carving it up at an autocross will be the day I really reconsider my hobby.
      And I thought you were the patron saint of automative lost causes ;D

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
        Originally posted by moparmaniac07
        I don't see what the big deal is about the R/T badge. Drivetrain aside, it's got a better handling ride than the other minivans. The badge means it should run faster lap times than the other vans, if anyone was so inclined to actually race one, and probably does. That's what the badge is for, to designate it from the lower performing versions of the same model. Calling it a "man van", that's just marketing. I don't think they're really turning off anyone who would actually buy one anyway, just making it cooler than a Toyota.
        Would I buy one? Maybe someday, but I can think of cooler family haulers if I needed one.
        It's the fact that they are trying to tell me it's cool when it so obviously isn't. It's just sad.
        I'm fairly broad minded when it comes to cars, but one thing I despise is taking the names of great Musclecars and slapping them on some turd. Think of the 4 cylinder Nova's, Chargers, Daytona's, etc... This falls under that category.
        the fact that the old mopars make a 3rd gen f body look stiff.. and that the late 80's 2.2 turbo's stayed with and sometimes outright made the older r/t's look stupid..
        I don't see the issue..
        sadly no one remembers what an old mopar was like as 90% are not driven..

it's like the people that cried that g.m. put SS on everything. but forgot that the first SS could be had with an inline six..

R/T road and track.. sad that the mopar or no car hate the r/t on a minivan as it more than likely handles better than the loved R/T'S, hell an '84 minivan more than likely does..

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
          The day I see a Caravan carving it up at an autocross will be the day I really reconsider my hobby.
          Would never happen at a real autocross... Most minivans are on a ban list by the SCCA and other clubs follow suit...

This is based on a formula they use to determine a 'safety factor'. Same reason most full size pick ups and SUV's will never be seen at an autocross...Other than to tow or bring Mom down...

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing

sadly no one remembers what an old mopar was like as 90% are not driven..
            First car was a 68 Charger with a 440, it was also my daily driver for as long as I had it. I remember what it was like just fine. ;)
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

In this case, R/T stands for rotting towers,
              as in strut towers, these rot apart there, badly.

Comment

Rental/Taxi

Comment

really/tacky

Comment

A 2002 Dodge Caravan running through a Solo II course. Modifications include 1.5" lowering Eibach springs, Koni adjustable shocks, and Z-rated summer tires.

My son ( age 15 ) videotaped me autocrossing my Caravan and also caught an SRT-4 on the track. The SRT-4 eventually came in 2nd in class. I think the driv...

Here's the first 11 second run ever made with a turbo Dodge four cylinder minivan!

2005 Honda manufactuing of Alabama Odyssey. SCCA solo autocross 11/23/08 birmingham Alabama. Jeromy Hill driver

;D
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

R/T MINI VAN MY AZZ! In this case the R/T will stand for Retard Trap.

Comment

Working...
                      X