Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll: Pro Stock or Pro Mod - Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll: Pro Stock or Pro Mod - Which is better?

Re: BangShift Poll: Pro Stock or Pro Mod - Which is better?

Sorry, I'm with Chad. Pro Stock rules. Gettin' it done n/a kicks butt.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

There is an art to building something fast out of an N/A engine. But it's just like the guys who work on old school electronics: it's neat for nostalgia, but far better ways of achieving the goal - which is to go as quickly as possbile down a quarter mile track - have long surpassed the N/A engine.

Since it's a race car, and since the goal is "go as fast as possible" - then the vote gets cast for the guys who are going faster.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Pro Mods are fun to watch as an exhibition class, as they are crazy and come in different shapes and sizes. However, competition wise they are like the Nitro Coupes as in it seems the car that hooks or doesn't break, wins. Pro Stock may have nearly all cars looking alike but nearly every round is a photo finish and you still see guys like Grumpy Jenkins and Warren Johnson involved. Pro Stock for me.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Pro Stock has become boring.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Pro Stock is the "Jelly Belly" of racecars. Just a bunch of differently colored jelly beans running down the track.

Yes the tech is interesting, but its about as exciting as watching paint dry. At least the Top Fuel and Funny Cars have nitro to make things exciting.

The Chadmeister is WRONG.

Comment

P/M get NITROUS! ..... and even some P/S have been know to spray ... flip a coin, their both cool!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

pro mod has become alky funny car doorslammers , maybe the turbo trend will change that
                pro mod should be nitrous

pro stock is better , I just hate the bodies

Comment

IMO, Pro Stock is much better.
                  That they run as fast and quick as they do,
                  N/A-even better.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of either. Pro Stock in the 70's was cool, but now it's two cars that look the same making two perfect runs. At least the Pro Mods get out of shape, and they are done with that 1963 Vette phase. Mostly.

Comment

They should add Pro Mod to the main line up at every track just like all the other pro classes.
                      sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Since I missed out on the Fuel Altered years I think the Pro Mods are as close as I can get....That was untill The IHRA got a few Fuel Altereds!
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Make both classes run without wheeliebars, now THAT would be worth watching.

I'd rather watch SuperStock, or any other non-throttle stop,doorslammer Sportsman racing than the two Pro classes anyhow.
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

pro stock - yawnnnnnnn

hey that last pair ran in the 6.70s, and they pair before that, and before that, and before that

Pro Mod, if it can go wrong, it prolly will, nitrous, turbos, blowers OH MY ! I love the mish mash
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                            X